ADT replacement?

I’m buying a house that already has an ADT system installed and I want to replace it with something better like the IQ Panel. (I have an IQ Panel/Alarm.com through Brinks, all of that equipment is being sold with my current house.)

My question is can I keep any of the ADT sensors or should I get new ones?

Also, have a few windows that don’t open so I’m guessing a window sensor won’t work. Do I need a glass break sensor or a motion sensor or both?

One last thing… are there any extra fees for Nevada, I’m looking at the $22 Surety Home plan.

Thanks!

Hello welcome to Surety Home how many wireless sensors do you currently have? you use ur current wireless sensors if u wish u just need the qolsys 345 panel only thing i wouldnt recommend is if u have Smoke Detectors i would replace them but u can get the 345 panel and then use powerg for add on devices and as far as the windows that dont open i would recommend either or one of the devices to protect the windows i personally at my parents and grandmothers just use Motion Detectors and as far as the plan goes thats a great plan if ur not wanting to add cameras but u can always change ur plan i love surety Home highly recommend fast alarm response welcome aboard

My question is can I keep any of the ADT sensors or should I get new ones?

Those appear to be wireless Honeywell 5800 series sensors. They could be used as is with the 345 Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+. That’s found here.

Also, have a few windows that don’t open so I’m guessing a window sensor won’t work. Do I need a glass break sensor or a motion sensor or both?

Motion detectors and glass break detectors (audio) are often very cost effective because you can protect a large number of windows at once. Just mind ranges and best practices. Follow the manufacturer instructions for placement of all sensors.

Motion detectors do not detect intrusion the same way, but are more of a catch all if someone does enter the property. Some individuals opt for just motions and doors.

My ideal setup would be shock sensors on the windows, plus motion detectors for general protection of the room.

One last thing… are there any extra fees for Nevada

Some areas may require permits and permit fees, but potential permit fees or requirements are based on the city, not state. You would want to verify the alarm permit requirements for your area. These can typically be found on your city website.

Some Nevada cities, like Las Vegas, require enhanced verification before they will dispatch, which you can typically accomplish via Alarm.com video cameras and the Complete service plan which supports operator Video Verification.

Thanks for all the help, I have a ton of questions…

I’m in Las Vegas so I would definitely need verification service. How many cameras would I need to meet the requirement? I’m trying to avoid cameras if possible.

Also, my wife just mentioned she hates the big ADT sensors so I’m probably going to get all new recessed door sensors, is there any particular IQ Panel I should get if I don’t care about compatibility with the current system?

One last thing, the sensors in my current house (Interlogix) are set off or tamper during winter time, will newer/better sensors prevent this from happening?

If a location has a Verified Response requirement that can be fulfilled by video, there isn’t a specific required number of cameras.

Operators would need to be able to visually identify evidence of a break in. The physical intruder, an open entry point, etc.

Reasonable coverage depends on the home, but you would want to at least cover entry points on the main level. This is easiest with indoor cameras.

is there any particular IQ Panel I should get if I don’t care about compatibility with the current system?

If you are planning to replace all sensors it wouldn’t really matter, I recommend PowerG for new sensors, but the GE319.5 Mhz version is the cheapest and gives you access to S-Line encrypted sensors too. Generally that would be the go-to.

One last thing, the sensors in my current house (Interlogix) are set off or tamper during winter time, will newer/better sensors prevent this from happening?

I’m not sure how often this happens or how many sensors it affects, but it generally shouldn’t occur. Are these sensors exposed to the elements?

Installation/orientation issues can cause problems with seasonal changes. If a sensor magnet is at the edge of the magnetic gap or misaligned a bit, slight changes in contracting or expanding materials can make it easier for false alarms.

I am curious about this subject too, thank you for your invaluable answers.

Is there a way around the camera requirement in Las Vegas?

Verified Response is a requirement by the city, there is no way around it. The options at this time would be:

You can use professional monitoring for the calls to you and your contact list, and for fire/panic alarms, but dispatch won’t occur on non-panic alarms.

You can use professional monitoring along with Video Verification.

You can opt to self monitor instead, just using Alarm.com notifications rather than professional operators.