Adobe Flash - Web Browsers

I am hoping that there is some forward thinking related to the use of Adobe Flash in the web interface. Apple Inc. is in the process of no longer allowing its use (already in their development browser(Preview) and Google plans to do the same. HTML5 is the way to go.
Wondering what the current thoughts are on this subject.

1 Like

Yes, browsers will stop support for it soon. Alarm.com is aware and developing an update for this. I don’t have a definite ETA yet on the release of ADC’s replacement video player, but we’ve been checking in on this periodically for a while now.

An update will be announced, but presumably pretty close to when the actual switch will occur.

Is there any update on this? Alarm.com is not support edge and Chrome is no longer allowing me to install flash. It’s very concerning that I can now only access my cameras on the app, where a lot of the functionality isn’t available. I really need to change some of my motion zones, and I haven’t been able to find a way to do so.

Alarm.com will support a browser-based solution that does not require a plugin but there is no ETA on when that will launch.

Chrome has not yet removed flash compatibility though it blocks Flash initially. You should still be able to enable it through browser Settings > Privacy and Security >Site Settings > Flash.

Both Edge and Firefox currently support Flash. Have you updated those and tried either? Any issues?

I personally use Firefox to log into Alarm.com. It’s less of a hassle than Chrome when it comes to running Flash. On behalf of Alarm.com (I’m taking the liberty of speaking for them on this matter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), we are incredibly embarrassed :flushed: that we still require Flash to view cameras in a browser. I can assure you that we are aware of the issue and are working toward replacing Flash before support is discontinued.