Additional sensors

If I want to order additional sensors, do you guys program them with my system remotely somehow or do I do that since my control panel has already left your facility?

Programming is easy. I created tons of tutorial " programming and installation how to’s" for just about every 2GIG sensor, and surety has tons of videos.

You would program the sensors yourself. This is DIY (do it yourself)

See: 2GIG DIY

Correct, programming would be done by the end user for additional sensors. These can be added at any time. If you add security sensors to your system, be sure to let us know at customerservice@suretyDIY.com, so that we may update our central station records if you have 24/7 monitoring. That way our operators will be able to give authorities a description of which zone caused the alarm.

be sure to let us know at customerservice@suretyDIY.com, so that we may update our central station records if you have 24/7 monitoring. That way our operators will be able to give authorities a description of which zone caused the alarm.

Alternatively, you can also do that yourself too if you are more of a “hands on do it yourselfer” (that’s how I do it when I add/remove sensors, takes like 5 minutes to complete, and you know its done).

Say for example, you add “front left window” as device number 15, “master bedroom smoke detector” as device 16…

Simply call central station @ 800-879-1438, ask for “data entry”, give them your acct #, verify account password, and then add the zone like so:

Zone 15 front left window
Zone 16 master bedroom smoke detector

On the alarm.com “sensors” tab you can see all your zones, and rename the descriptors if you so desire (descriptor changes will be reflected in your notifications and activity monitoring).