Adding Smokes (& CO) to Concord 4 ?

House has “wire-in, 120V AC 60Hz single smoke alarms AC/DC interconnected.” I may have CO sensing combination units in 1 or 2 locations as well. Concord 4.

Interlogix SLX-AD-T3 FireFighter Wireless Smoke Alarm Monitor and Relay Device, optimal piece for smokes addition via 319.5 to panel? Recommendation/concerns/advice?

Eventually I will add professional CS monitoring, so need to meet any requirements/standards for that service.

I may have Kidde or other OEM CO/smoke combo (or just CO dedicated monitors) in one or two locations. Need to check post-holiday; any comments on best scheme to add CO monitoring to Concord 4 (for eventual Central Station monitoring too) ?

Happy to assist! For integration with wired smokes, the Interlogix SLC-AD-T3 FireFighter is compatible with your panel. It will listen to the alarm sounder of any UL smoke detector. Once confirmed as an alarm, it will transmit a signal to the alarm control panel which, if connected to central monitoring station, will dispatch the fire department per default alarm procedure.

However, this device would not be suitable for CO detectors. For compatible CO detectors see the Resolution Products RE-113

Good. So there is not an “audio detection” “ez” retrofit 319.5/Concord 4 CS monitoring solution for existing (interconnected?) CO or smoke/CO combo monitors?

Assuming I read things correctly… I’d add additional CO detection in the house to gain CS monitoring of CO hazard? I suppose CO unit in bedroom’s hall (generally under attic furnace unit), plus one CO monitor in basement utility with 2nd furnace would be a reasonable overlap with any local-only CO alerts.

Comments?

So there is not an “audio detection” “ez” retrofit 319.5/Concord 4 CS monitoring solution for existing (interconnected?) CO or smoke/CO combo monitors?

No. Originally the Firefighters were sold under the manufacturer Encore Controls, and only had Smoke compatibility. The GE and 2GIG versions were later rebranded under Interlogix and 2GIG respectively.

The 2GIG Version added a CO detection loop. The GE version compatible with Concord only references Smoke detection in the manual.

’d add additional CO detection in the house to gain CS monitoring of CO hazard?

Correct. The additional wireless CO detectors would report to the panel.