"Add/Remove Controller" Button not appearing

I have a new IQ Panel 2 Plus and am setting it up. I’m exploring the option of adding a secondary z-wave controller (with the IQ panel being the primary). However, when I enable “Advanced Z-wave settings” in the Z-wave settings menu, the only additional option that pops up in my Z-wave devices page is “Replace Failed Node.” The others that are supposed to also newly be there (“Continuous Add Devices”, “Manage Devices from Secondary Controller”, “Controller Shift”, and “Add/Remove Controller”) are nowhere to be found.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there an additional step to get the “Add/Remove Controller” option to appear?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have since decided against adding a secondary controller – I instead chose to just set up the control that I needed via z-wave associations instead. However, for future reference, I still would be interesting in knowing why these options didn’t show up.

I see the same thing on 2.5.2, I believe this is due to some problems associated with the 6.81 Z-wave. I will double check with Qolsys to see if this is included in the fixes for the upcoming firmware version 2.5.3

So, unexpected, but panels with Z-wave 6.81 no longer support this interaction. Apparently secondary controller options are no longer required in Z-wave certification.

This means that new panels will not have this capability.

I’ve made a request for these to be reconsidered, but as of now if you have Z-wave 6.81 this will not be an option.

Wow, I didn’t expect that! Luckily, for my needs Z-wave associations will be sufficient. But, I hope this doesn’t break other’s setups. I know a lot of people on here are using secondary controllers…

The Z-wave SDK and panel firmware are updated independently.

As long as the SDK is not updated manually the functionality would remain on older panels.

New IQ Panel 2+ will not support it at this time.

Wow that is a surprising omission - glad I held off on updating to the newest Z Wave software on my IQ 2…

Any idea if this change will still allow the IQ 2 Panel to join an existing network as a secondary controller? I plan on creating a new primary Z Wave network and having the Qolsys panel serve as a secondary panel, relegated to simple automation tasks and alarm functions.

Z-wave 6.81 does not support multiple controller network functions.

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely hold off the update in that case.

Whose decision was this? Is there somewhere I can direct an email in order to advocate for a change in policy?

Not sure whom at Qolsys is directly to blame for this omission but we have certainly voiced our concerns over this.

General contacts and support from Qolsys can be found here.

1 Like