Add photos to IQ Panel 4

I consider myself technology literate after 32 years of working with computers in all forms (large, small, embedded OSes, wireless etc). But, this device (IQ Panel 4) is challenging me to the point of no return.

I do not have a cellphone for personal reasons. My wife has an iPhone 8 which apparently is not allowed by QOLSYS. That’s silly!!!

I just want to add some photos of my grandchildren to the photo frame. I have viewed the Q&A here and tried many things suggested in several other answers to similar questions. I even got my desktop PC connected via a USB wireless to my router. Nothing seems to allow me to connect to the built-in server at 192.168.50.1:844. Sorry but WTF???

What can I do to make this work?!?!?!?!?

BTW, my software on the IQP4 is 4.21. It is RIGHT UP TO DATE.

Can ANYONE tell me how to make this work from my wife’s iPhone 8 without having to buy a new iPhone99?

My wife has an iPhone 8 which apparently is not allowed by QOLSYS. That’s silly!!!

The original option was available for Android phones because Qolsys uses an Android platform in their panels and that Android photo sharing option doesn’t extend to iOS.

What can I do to make this work?!?!?!?!?

Instructions to use the access point mode transfer instead are described in the post below. Should be able to use pretty much any device that connects to wifi, including the iPhone.

Nothing seems to allow me to connect to the built-in server at 192.168.50.1:844

The port is 8448 not 844, in case that’s what you were entering.

You could instead scan the QR code with the mobile device.

It does not look like this user is associated with a Surety subscription. Do you use Surety as your Alarm.com service provider?

If you use another Alarm.com service provider, please be sure to reach out to your provider if you continue to have trouble with adding the photos. If your provider installed your system and offers on-site maintenance they should be able to assist you.

I used port 8448 not port 844. That was a typo due to arthritis from 32+ years of keyboard use :stuck_out_tongue:

I am at a loss to get this to work. I have tried everything provided on the site.

I’ll probably have to find someone with a real android phone to do it for me. Family members all use iPhones of various versions.

I had my PC on the wireless network. But the connection to https://192.168.50.1:8448 times out … WHEN THE SERVER IS SITTING THERE WAITING FOR A CONNECT … arghhhh!!!

I would recommend trying the AP mode with the iPhone, or yes if you can use someone’s Android you could use the bluetooth transfer option.

Your alarm provider should be able to assist if you still have trouble.

Jasen, I have the same issue….did you get it to work?

Doug

A walkthrough of the access point option is here:

If you are trying to use the access point (AP) mode, you have to connect to the SSID on the panel screen, using the password on the screen, not your local wifi. Then you can use the ip address to connect. You cannot connect to it if your computer is connected to your wifi instead of the AP.

The Bluetooth option requires an Android phone.