Add 2GIG as a secondary Zwave Controller on a Vera Lite

Frustrating, but that would be good news regarding the Edge, and it makes it easier for your dealer and Alarm.com to troubleshoot if the problem is confirmed to be independent of the additional controller.

Just to be sure, did you recreate the disarm rule after all of this and wait five minutes before testing?

If so you will want to contact your dealer for assistance. Are you currently using Alarm.com service through suretyDIY?

I am not using alarm.com service through suretyDIY. I think I am using Monitronics. $25/month.

However, it is very frustrating since they cannot get in touch with alarm.com due to very long hold times.

I did recreate the disarm rules (one per lock; I have four). I waited a while before trying.

Also just for clarification what model of lock are you using? Are they all the same model?

All four locks are Kwikset SmartCode.

I see that with monitoring your company is $27.95 per month. If I can get better support I would be happy to switch over if everything was the same as I have now. Let me know how I can discuss outside of this forum.

Tech support is handled through our support forum here. We just do not have any access to diagnostic tools for Alarm.com users who do not use service through suretyDIY.

If you have questions about the service, you can email customerservice@suretyDIY.com

I don’t believe I asked before, were these locks all learned in close to the Panel? When they are initially learned in (to whichever controller will be primary) they need to be within a few feet for best results.

The panel is as close as 3 feet to one and maybe 25 feet to the furthest one. I had this all working (without a primary/secondary controller involved) before. The locks would unlock the door and disarm. Now they do not. I don’t remember if I moved the locks to within three feet, paired them, and then installed them. Is that what I need to do? Do I need to have the vera in close proximity when I pair them when I do the primary vera and secondary 2gig? That is much easier to do but I can uninstall the locks and move closer to pair if absolutely necessary.

It is very strongly recommended to pair the locks within 3-5 feet of the primary controller, yes. If just 2GIG, within that range of 2GIG. If using Vera, within that range of Vera.

It can be a little time consuming, but locks need to transmit a lot of encrypted data compared to other types of devices, and they are doing so on battery power. You will want to add them one by one, close to the panel, and leave the panel there until their proper device class shows up and “Querying device info” is gone.

Then when everything is back in its permanent spot, run a network rediscovery. Then send rules.

Well, one of the locks is within that range and it does not disarm either.

Hmm, true. Just a thought… how did you program the code you are attempting to use to execute the automatic disarm rule?

Did you set that code through Alarm.com? Or did you program it at the lock’s keypad?

I believe anything programmed at the lock will not work to set off the rule.

I programmed all of the codes using alarm.com. However, perhaps there were residual codes in the lock. Would that affect anything? Is there a way to zero out the codes in the lock?

Creating codes in Alarm.com after adding a lock should send and overwrite unused code slots. Previous codes in the lock should be deleted. You can double check this, but anything not programmed into the lock directly would be overwritten.

Ok. That is what I thought. So there does not appear to be any reason why the lock on the door right next to the panel does not automatically disarm. All of them used to before I reset the panel to make it secondary. As you can imagine, I am now taking a bit of heat from my wife for changing something that was not broken. Hard to describe why I wanted to go to secondary and use another controller as primary. Hopefully I can get this figured out. For $2 per month I can use your service and get superior tech support. I’ll have to find my cellular module and figure out if it is locked or not. That is important to be able to move to your service.

Any module currently in use with an Alarm.com provider would be currently locked. They can only be connected to one account at a time. You can determine whether it is 2G or 3G via the model number on the module sticker. You would need a 3G module for any new Alarm.com account currently.

We are glad you feel that way regarding our support. Happy to help. Unfortunately this issue is elusive.

So all the codes you have sent to the locks have worked when tried? Are these codes time dependent at all for access or are you setting them to be “At all times?”

I have a 3G unit. Getting it unlocked by the current provider might be the hard part.

All of the codes will unlock the doors. None of them currently disarm the panel. That used to work. They are all set to “At all times”.

Do you know the firmware of your panel currently?

1.13. It was just updated last week.

Success! With the system in a state where the locks do not disarm, I unpaired the lock closest to the panel; like 2 feet. I then waited a bit. Then I paired the lock and waited more than five minutes. I verified the lock was at alarm.com and renamed it. I went to each user at alarm.com and assigned the Access point to that “new” lock. I waited at least five minutes. I recreated the rules assigned to the lock. Waited five minutes. Armed the panel stay with my phone while standing outside. Waited until the lock engaged and saw the panel was armed Stay with my phone. Waited a bit more. I put in the code into the lock. Door unlocks AND as special bonus the panel disarmed.

Can I assume that I can now follow the same procedure as above (except pair the lock(s) with the ver) and the security and other information will be transferred to the vera? Reset the panel and Learn a controller (the vera edge when it arrives) and have the security and other information will be transferred to the panel? So that I can now unlock the door and have the panel disarmed?