ADC-VDB770, is it possessed?

The same event sequence shows for those events, where both a motion detection and button push event is reported by the camera simultaneously. The camera will need to be deleted and relearned as the next troubleshooting step.

Deleted the camera and re-learned it in the app as suggested. Got the same phantom alerts at 1:55PM and 1:57PM ET. At wits …
Happened again as I type, at 1:58PM ET.

Another observation, all my recordings from prior to deleting are also there. I thought they were all going to be wiped out. Suggestions???

I would expect those recordings to be removed as well if the camera was removed for a while, though it wouldn’t impact the camera reporting button pushed whenever motion occurs.

It sounds like the camera or its software is malfunctioning. A factory reset would be the next step to take.

Jason, I apologize for the delay in response. Finally reset everything and re-added the door bell. Keeping fingers crossed for the doorbell demons to not return…

@jwcsurety Can additional feedback? Still experiencing the issue and have now disabled analytics rules and motion notifications to panel. Phantom rings still occur time to time. Thanks!

Can you give me a time stamp of a recent alert after the factory reset was performed so I can send it to Alarm.com and investigate any signals on our end?

What model of router are you using?

Hi Jason, yesterday (12/18/23) at 8:00PM ET was another time we had a phantom ring. I didn’t realize that I had analytics and the option “Send motion alerts to panel” deactivated. Once I reenabled both, things got a lot chimer. I am using an Asus router in mesh configuration with a dedicated hardwired backhaul. Hope this helps. Looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Is that an exact time for the notification? I am seeing doorbell events before and after that but nothing within 10 minutes of 8:00pm.

Are you able to test the panel and VDB770 off of a mesh network? Mesh wifi in general tosses some wrenches in the gears of LAN connectivity and remote streaming through Alarm.com. We recommend a unique non-mesh 2.4Ghz network for stability.

I think that’s what the problem is. It seems like whenever someone is at the door, we do get the notification for the actual trigger but we keep getting alerts after the event as well on the panel but not via sms or other notification means. Seems like a panel/software issue.
On 12/19/2023 we got alerts at 3:59 pm and 4:10pm ET. Today, 12/22/2023, we got alerts at 1:54PM, 1:56PM ET and then getting continuous motion alerts between 2:01PM and 2:04pm ET even when there was no one at the door nor any motion in the trigger zone. Looks like the system keeps sending motion alerts even when the trigger condition has passed as in a loop. Hope this helps.
Not sure if I would be able to disable mesh as I have multiple devices working of of it. Awaiting your response. Thanks.
Disabled touchless doorbell and “send motion notification to the panel” options to save my sanity for now.

I would recommend updating your panel firmware then as the next step.

It looks like you currently have 4.2.1. You would need to updte to 4.3.0 first then to 4.4.1.

Firmware instructions areb found below. The Patch Tag must be entered to download the firmware updates.

Afterward, try turning that feature back on and test.

Hope you had a great holidays. Any feedback or next steps is appreciated.

Looks like your panel firmware is still 4.2.1.

Please see the steps in the previous post above regarding updating the firmware.

Thanks. Updated firmware and will turn the feature on. Will report back.

I’ve had similar problems. It used to work fine. Deleting, adding, re configuring zone doesn’t fix

It seems like it no longer recognizes the detection zone anymore.

Still falses frequently

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I thought I was going crazy with this thing. I feel I got suckered in to going with the alarm branded bell due to the integration with the security system but there are so many alternatives in the market that perform so much better at half the cost. Hate this bell with a passion now. :frowning:

The other user reported using a mesh wifi router as well. Would you mind testing and eliminating that as a possible impact? We’ve seen some odd behavior out of mesh traffic with cameras.

Try connecting it to the IQ Panel 4 access point instead of your mesh wifi. Remove and re-enable that setting. Do you see the same issue?

Access point settings are on page 92 of the manual here.

I will give it a try. Just to confirm, you would want me to disconnect the doorbell from Wi-Fi and connect it to the IQ panel 4 access point?
Are there any particular steps that I need to follow?

Correct. Turn on the access point via the manual. Connect the doorbell to the IQ Panel access point.

If the issue is at all related to the mesh I would expect there shouldn’t be any other steps to do, but doesn’t hurt to power cycle the camera and re-apply the setting in Alarm.com to send notifications to the panel.