ADC-V723 (Outdoor AI camera) field of vision question

I have the AI doorbell camera and love it, and want to add the outdoor camera to the back of my house. The back of my home is flat/straight across. I am trying to understand, can I mount this flush against the house, rotate it as far as possible horizontally, and be able to see the entrance to my sliding glass door? Or would I need to find a way to mount it so that it points directly at the door? I have struggled to find an answer on my own.

Thanks!
Isaiah

See the attached for the view from my ADC-V724, which has the same field of view, 117 degrees like the 723 (which I highly recommend over the 723 as it is the same thing but has two way audio like the doorbell and perimeter guard whereas the 723 does not, its available at lowvoltagesupply.com). Mine is mounted on the same eave as my sliding door just slightly aimed away from the house and this is what it can see. Always mount cameras in corners if possible in rooms or areas for max field of view but as wide as this are if you have to mount just down from the door like i did you can still see a large area!
f78e406d734a484d52ed23f3657cb0f9123b55dd_2_690x430

Andrew, thank you SO much for your detailed reply, this is exactly what I needed and so appreciate your attention to detail and taking the time to post this.

Best,
Isaiah

no problem any time! best wishes on your camera endeavor! :slight_smile:

also just a quick reminder if youre a surety customer and get the 723 or 724 outside dont forget to make sure visual verification is enabled in your system manager on the surety site so the central station can see any nefarious actions if your alarm goes off!

also just a quick reminder if youre a surety customer and get the 723 or 724 outside dont forget to make sure visual verification is enabled in your system manager on the surety site so the central station can see any nefarious actions if your alarm goes off!

Just to clarify, visual verification requires the Protect or Complete base service plan (and professional monitoring, of course).

Always mount cameras in corners if possible in rooms or areas for max field of view but as wide as this are if you have to mount just down from the door like i did you can still see a large area!

Additionally, as a tip, always try to keep as much of the adjoining walls or ceiling/overhang out of the shot as possible. If you angle too much toward one wall your night vision will be compromised to a degree by IR reflection off the wall.

The example image does a good job of avoiding that as much as possible, and a little bit of the wall is unavoidable if near a corner.