ADC-V723 Night IR

I installed my new ADC-V723 just as suggested in the manual (“The optimal installation location is in a shaded area such as under an eave”). During daylight is great, but at night I have what I think is IR bouncing off the eave and whiting out the picture… is there a visor solution available for the 723 (the 721 had one “built-in”). If no visor solution is available, any alternative suggestions that don’t involve painting my eaves black matte? Thanks!

I don’t believe any separate visor for the 723 is available, but I am checking with Alarm.com on that.

How much of the wall/eave is in frame? This is a common issue with a fair amount of material up close in the frame, but can typically be all but eliminated by angling the camera so less of the wall/ceiling/eave is in the shot.

If you would prefer, you could send us a private message with a screenshot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

There isn’t much eave in the frame, but I’ll adjust it and try again. This time of year with all the daylight, getting a “night shot” isn’t as easy.

I understand. If you adjust the camera with the eave out of frame and still have an IR glare, that would definitely be unexpected and some other issue is going on.

If that is the case, try power cycling the cam while the issue is occurring. When it reboots do you see the same issue?