ADC V720W issue

I have a ADC-720W video camera that started playing up, I got a “camera has stopped responding” alert. I power cycled it and it didn’t come back, just a solid red light.

So I factory reset it, when I tried to add it back everything went smoothly, until I had to power cycle it for it to connect via Wifi.

Now all it does when powered up is turn on the IR LED’s. When I press and hold the reset button, I get no response.

Is the camera dead? Is it possible to reload the firmware? Where do I obtain the ADC firmware for it?

“camera has stopped responding” alert

This is usually a router issue. I resolve it by rebooting router, then power cycling camera.

I don’t think so, I’d know when my wifi/router is down, I have several wifi clients that are working fine on the same wifi access point.

I have several wifi clients that are working fine on the same wifi access point.

That is the way it works. The router just doesn’t stop working, and all devices go offline.

Usually it is only the IP cam for me (and usually just one). Unless you are using static IPs, or reserved IPs, there can be a conflict with DHCP.

And every now and then, you will get degraded router performance unless you reboot router periodically.

You should always reboot modem/router when having cam connectivity issues and do a power cycle of camera itself following router reboot to eliminate any WLAN networking issues.

I don’t think so, I’d know when my wifi/router is down, I have several wifi clients that are working fine on the same wifi access point.

Do you use DHCP for your camera? If so I would try a quick reboot of the router.

Settings a static IP for the camera and port forwarding will ensure problems related to DHCP or DHCP lease time are avoided, as well as bypass the live view stream time-out.

I have tried all the standard procedures, i.e. a restart of the router/wifi/camera/reset of camera. I am very proficient with networking. However this is not the issue any longer, as I stated in my OP…

The Camera NOW only powers on with the IR LEDS’s activated regardless of time of day/night. And that is all it does! I cannot issue a reset any longer, when I press and hold the reset button nothing happens.

What I would like to know is, are there any methods I can use now to recover the camera? A Firmware reload? A undocumented factory reset procedure?

thanks

any methods I can use now to recover the camera? A Firmware reload? A undocumented factory reset procedure?

The only way to change or update the ADC firmware is OTA (which means camera needs to be online and connected to alarm.com).

What I would like to know is, are there any methods I can use now to recover the camera? A Firmware reload? A undocumented factory reset procedure?

Holding down the reset button for 15 seconds is the way to perform a reset.

I assume it has been tried, but I don’t see it above, have you connected the camera with an ethernet cable again?

Given the description it is possible the camera is malfunctioning. If its network connection did not hold during initial setup (after reset) it could have caused problems.