ADC-V610PT wireless connection problem

Swapped power supplies, no change, the old v610pt came on line wireless and is working fine and the new one timed out again. Thought the power supply was the problem. I give up, guess its bad?

Thought the power supply was the problem. I give up, guess its bad?

Yes, this is most likely. As long as you are certain the wireless credentials being used are correct or are copying settings from working cameras, it sounds like the camera wireless chip is unable to connect and likely malfunctioning.

I copied from the other cameras and tried to manually copy the router settings.The only thing Im not quite sure of is the factory reset procedure.I have used a paper clip to reset on the bottom of the camera. I tried with the lan cable connected and with it disconnected. I noticed when the reset is clearing the red blue still comes on then red blinking and finally solid red. I stopped at solid red. If I wait a little to long after solid red, it goes back to red blue. Am I reseting it properly Thanks for all your help

After solid red on the reset should I cycle power again?

To properly factory reset a 610PT you’ll want to hold the reset button with a paper clip until the LED rapidly flashes red. On these models that typically takes a full 60 seconds or more.

Any reason why the camera goes to solid blue when I refresh the network. My system is WPA2

Camera is now solid blue? I give up

Solid blue on most models indicates privacy mode activated.

Have you performed the reset procedure as outlined? (It feels like a long time, but it really does require holding the button over a minute.)
Have you deleted the camera from Alarm.com?
Have you re-added now?

What step in the process are you on?

I did another reset for 90 seconds. I deleted the camera and tried to add it 20 minutes later. It seemed to add, but the screen on Alarm.com has it with a purple arrow. It says its online, but I can’t even get it back the screen. I give up and have been trying to get the vender to replace it. I think it’s locked up?

A locked camera would not be available for registration on your account. More likely the wifi chip is malfunctioning or the camera is not accepting credentials.

Thanks for all your help. I’m trying to return the camera.

I have a similar issue. I have a ADC-V610PT that has worked well for several years (though it needs to be rebooted ever so often). I recently upgraded my network to an eero “mesh” network with 4 devices. The ADC-V610PT seems to connect to one device and they tries to connect to another device some time later that is way across the house (so the signal sucks) and sometimes it disconnects completely. Does anyone know if the camera has wireless roaming (the swapping seems to imply that it does)? Or is it a 3 year old camera whose wifi chip is going bad?

thanks

Cameras up through the V720W I believe are susceptible to this. Using multiple access points with the same SSID/network key may result in the camera connecting back and forth between closer and further points.

Generally you’ll want a dedicated access point for cameras if possible with a unique SSID.

Yeah, that’s one of the “features” of the new mesh networks. They broadcast on both frequencies (2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz) at all times using the same SSID on all devices. This allows a mobile device to roam around the house and switch to the strongest signal. Unfortunately, cameras and doorbells don’t have the smarts of an ios device to switch with intelligence. I was hoping there was a way to lock the camera to a specific eero “puck/device” but I’m guessing not.

thanks