Adc-t3000 Resistor

I had a new hvac system installed. It worked perfectly for a week with my existing adc-t3000 thermostat. Now it won’t heat and is displaying “Power Resistor Required” then reverts to system protect. What size resistor is required? Whatever came with the thermostat is long since gone.

This indicates that the system requires the included power resistor to be installed on the zone valves on their HVAC equipment. See the diagram below for where to install the power resistor between terminals 1 and 2 on Taco valves.

If the included power resistor is misplaced, it can be replaced with a 1000 ohm, 1/2 watt resistor.

Power resistor installation.png

That is what the manual says, but I do not believe that I have zone valves.

Any reason it would throw this error without zones?

Does the TSTAT display report “Isolation relay required” on the TSTAT screen?

Any reason it would throw this error without zones?

Its possible the TSTAT needs to be cleared and relearned now that the new HVAC is in place. Was this done?

If not then remove and re-add the TSTAT.

1. Delete from Network
  • Put the Z-Wave controller into Remove mode. *Refer to this guide here* for panel specific steps
  • Press the Minus button.
  • Select SETTINGS.
  • Select NETWORK.
  • Select REMOVE.
  1. Factory Reset the T3000
  • Press the - button.
  • Select SETTINGS.
  • Select INSTALLER.
  • Select CONTINUE.
  • Select RESET.
    -Select YES.
  1. Reconnect the T3000 to the network
  • Put the Z-Wave controller into ADD mode. Refer to this guide here for panel specific steps
  • Press the Minus button.
  • Select SETTINGS.
  • Select NETWORK.
  • Select ADD
  1. Restart the setup process in Alarm.com and test for functionality.

I did this last night and was able to get the system running again. I’ll follow up here if the error comes back.