ADC-T2000 recovery options no longer selectable on ADC

Apparently, features have been removed from the ADC Advanced tstat menu tab

There is no longer the option to select ‘Economy’ or ‘Comfort’ recovery modes. I myself have a heatpump, and used Economy (locks out ‘pump staging delay’ timer) to not run AUX heat unless temps dropped below 17°F (at which point I would switch over to ‘comfort’ and the pump staging).

Why did ADC remove the advanced tab option for ‘Recovery Setting’?

Advanced tab now

Advanced tab before

I should be hearing back from ADC on this in a little bit here today. They are looking into it.

The Tstat functions are being worked on, and though I cannot say for certain, I’d guess a function like recovery settings wouldn’t be intentionally dropped. I’m not aware of any issues with it.

Any news?

There is still no update yet. We are awaiting confirmation from Alarm.com.

Well, the feature was indeed intentionally removed.

I’m told by and large there was a fair amount of confusion as to the function of the recovery setting and it was viewed as not accomplishing what it should be and was removed.

I do not know if it will be replaced by a similar, reworked option.

Well, the feature was indeed intentionally removed.

So what does it default to? Comfort? Because mine was set to “economy” prior to the feature removal. So, what, I cannot change it to say “comfort”? or did it default back to “comfort”?

I guess it is time to get rid of my T2000 then, and get a Nest. This whole ADC tstat thing is nothing but problems IMO. If I could disconnect the T2000 and use it standalone, and still have access to installer and advanced settings, I would.

The T2000 only allows 60 min staging delay. Recovery on a heatpump is on the average, approx 20 min for 1 degree recovery. So a setback recovery of say 4-5 degrees will trigger the AUX/Emer heat (regardless of the heating differential).

That is unacceptable when the heatpump itself could recover if it had more time.

I have already done the calculations (on mine) for balance (approx 17 degrees F), and it is cheaper to let my HP run 12 hours nonstop to maintain temp, then to have the AUX heat run for 3 hours to satisfy the call for heat. I can take it all the way down to 12 degrees F (at which point it cost as much to run as Aux heat does).

The only other option I see is to disconnect the “w” Aux wire in the T2000 so it cant call for it unless i manually reconnect it.

Yes, I’m told it defaults to comfort during setup, but they did say if economy was previously selected it would still function that way until re-enrolled. We would need to test that.

I dunno why they just couldnt leave it alone. I am so tired of this ADC tstat.

I dunno why they just couldnt leave it alone

Scratching my head on this one.

I’ll be following up to see if any other similar features will be replacing it.

If it were me, it would be simple (perhaps you can suggest this the ADC?)

Economy:
USES HEATING DIFFERENTIAL SETTINGS ONLY
lock out pump staging delay, use heating differential. Uses additional stages to reach setpoint if temp drops below differential.

Comfort:
USES STAGING DELAY
USES HEATING DIFFERENTIAL

Use staging delay & heating differential. If staging delay timer elapses, and setpoint has not been achieved, or if temp drops below differential, uses additional stages to reach setpoint.

Simple. Easy. Done.

Of course, always happy to pass along suggestions.

I’ll be following up to see if any other similar features will be replacing it.

Any update on this- is the feature dead in the water, or is there a plan to revamp/add it back? Winter is here.

There has not been a replacement feature, but I haven’t heard anything for a while on this. We will follow up with ADC.

Any update on this? I just bought the thermostat and I have a heat pump.

The feature was removed by ADC because it was not achieving the desired goal and was generating confusion. It has not been replaced with a similar feature as of yet.