ADC T2000 cannot be setup for two stage HP

Differentials look to be 3 degrees. Stage Delay 10 min. Additional setpoint recovery setting which can be set to economy to disengage additional stages as you near setpoint (probably what you are looking for.) It doesn’t currently use any sort of outside temp override, but the Economy setting does what you want in the opposite direction, gets you closer to the setpoint quickly then tapers off instead of taking longer to get to the setpoint and engaging additional stages later.

Additional setpoint recovery setting which can be set to economy to disengage additional stages as you near setpoint (probably what you are looking for.)

So by default, “economy” setpoint recovery is not enabled?
I am interested in the pros and cons of that setting.

I like the 3 degree differential.

If I decide I want that setpoint recovery set to “economy”, can that be done via backend? My thing is I don’t want 2nd stage aux heating (heat strips) to engage unnecessarily. For example, If I can reach a 2° setpoint in 15-20min, I don’t want 2nd stage heat activating at all. I just don’t know if this tstat is smart enough to know when to call for 2nd stage heat or just run 1st stage a little longer.

Schedule recovery of 3° or greater though, on the other hand, may benefit from economy setpoint recovery…

Economy is not enabled by default, no.

From the description, it would run the system as normal but turn off additional stages as it gets closer to the set point. By default the thermostat will engage stages as normal and run all engaged stages until the set point (or overshoot) is reached.

It’s not a new setting. CT100s have access to this as well. A great deal of settings were only recently configurable online, no doubt in prep for the ADCT2000. Economy/Comfort settings are common with programmable thermostats, but I don’t think they always do the same thing.

I edited above post with what it is I am looking for… can economy setting make that work?

I can set it to Economy for you now (customer access should be available within a few weeks) and you can test if you would like.

The economy setting, based on description, should not affect when your stages would normally engage, just that they will disengage as you near the set point.

Let me do some more research on the economy setting before you enable it.

I need to bring the T2000 tstat compatible to the Carrier system I have and old tstat settings. Can you make these changes? (what are the current settings for compressor timeguard and cycles?)

Thanks Jason.

1. 15 min stage delay
2. 5° F differential w/30sec delay
3. 5 min compressor timeguard
4. Four (4) equip cycles per hour (1 cycle every 15 min)

This is from the Carrier tstat manual:

Stage Delay
In normal operation there is a 15–minute delay between
the first and second stages of heat. The Y (stage 1) output will energize first,
then 15 minutes later, W (stage 2) is allowed to come on if t he thermostat
determines it is not satisfying the demand.

Differential
However, if the heating demand is greater than 5_F/3_C, there will
be only a 30 second delay before bringing on W (stage 2)

Timeguard Timer
A 5–minute timeguard is built into the thermostat immediately
upon power up, and any time the compressor turns off. The
compressor will not turn on until the timeguard has expired. The
timeguard affects only compressor operation.

Cycle Timer
In normal heating and cooling operation the thermostat will not
allow more than 4 equipment cycles per hour (or 1 cycle every 15
minutes). Both the Y and W outputs have a 15–minute timer that
starts counting down when the output is turned on, (e.g., if Y
output is turned on for 9 minutes and then satisfies, it cannot turn
back on for another 6 minutes regardless of demand)

Available Heat Pump variables at default values.

Change the following defaults:

Heat differential: 5°F
Pump staging delay: 15 min

Awesome, thanks Jason