ADC SWM-150 and water pressure

Hello everyone. I know there is quite a few people out here that are using SWM-150. Well I had one installed and first i like it but now I’m running in to issues mostly with my irrigation water pressure. My incoming line is 1 1/4 copper and I have quite large irrigation zones that when they were installed calculations were made and everything was working great. I notice that after valve was installed my pressure/volume significantly reduced. To the point that some of my bigger zones have hard time spraying. Has anyone experience this? I’m almost at the point that I want to remove the valve and maybe go with moen since they have true 1 1/4 valve. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

@jwcsurety Can you reach out to Alarm.com and see if my issue is a know issue before i tear this valve out.

Can you also find out How does Moen integrated in to alarm.com since its on the approved valve list.

Thank you !!!

If you require a very large flow beyond what the 1" valve permits, yes you would want a larger valve I would assume. If the SWM150 valve is open and you do not have enough pressure there wouldn’t be much to troubleshoot. Make sure nothing is physically obstructing the valve, was installed properly etc., but short of physical issues it is probably the smaller valve.

If the zones are all watering simultaneously you could try splitting them up and running at different times, but if they are already staggered a larger valve would probably be best.

Looks like the Flo by Moen comes in a 1.25 valve size as an option. (it also has .75 and 1 options it seems, so be sure to get the 1.25 size)

The Flo is compatible using the same service plan features as the SWM150.

1. Log into the Alarm.com Website.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Manage Devices.
  4. Click Add Device.
  5. Click Water Valves and Meters.
  6. Click Flo Smart Water Monitor and Shutoff.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Enter the Flo by Moen login credentials when prompted.
  9. Accept the terms and conditions and wait for the discovery process to complete.