ADC SVR122 troubleshooting?

Hello again fellow Suretyians!

I bring a new issue to the forum.

I came back to Surety after leaving for a brief period, decided to try another route for cameras which in the end worked out better.

Today’s current pressing issue of mine, is I do have two ADC-V520IR cameras set up, and I purchased an ADC-SVR122 500GB from eBay (yes, eBay stuff again, I guess I didn’t learn my lesson from last year) and I wanted to try to use it. When I put the MAC address into my account, it says it is still attached to an account. This is probably a more internal matter to deal with, but I would like to know if there’s anything I can do or if it’s something alarm.com reps are going to have to do to fix this issue.

The screen is also saying “Device unable to authenticate. Please reconnect to the internet or contact your local service provider for assistance.” I’m assuming based off of the eBay listing that this is a former ADT box, and I did help some friends move their alarm.com cameras from ADT to Surety awhile back, they had 5 or 6 ADC-V515 cameras, I do believe, and I was able to set them up the same way it was set up on their system so i’m 50% sure this time that the SVR shouldn’t have an issue pairing to Surety, it’s just that it needs to be cleared from the old account it was once attached to. I can provide the MAC address in a private message.

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you

Long story short, we cannot clear the account link if a device is purchased used and it is still connected to an account. Alarm.com will not do that.

The only way to get that device unlinked is either for the original owner to delete the device from their account, or the dealer that owns the account to delete the device or delete the account.

I can’t confirm whether there would be anything unique regarding the SVR122 used by ADT, I wouldn’t think so, it would just use the standard ADC video service most likely.

In general I strongly recommend caution when purchasing ADC video equipment or cellular modules from ebay. This is a very common result as sellers often do not clear the devices from the account first. In its current state it is unusable, so be sure to reach back out to the seller for a refund or to get that unit cleared.