ADC Sump Pump Monitoring

Yes, I’d like to keep it as alarm-generating - at least for now. Since I neglected to get a Hardwire model that performs supervisory functions (should’ve gone with the 16-F!), in the future, I may also add a more traditional water sensor further up in the basin, for extra peace of mind (and then just configure that to report instead).

I powered everything up a couple hours ago and no more false alarms. After seeing your confirmation that I should be using IQ Water, I repeated functional testing. This went better. This time, it only generated an alarm upon closing the contact (did not also generate an alarm upon re-opening the contact/returning to normal conditions).

As before, the zone LED lit upon closure and went out upon opening. The ADC app reporting the sensor in alarm, as expected.

The only things that seemed unusual were panel indications - this continued to show Closed/Inactive icon on the Home screen, and Sensor Status reported Normal. However, this was after I silenced and acknowledged the alarm, but before I re-opened the contact. Just want to confirm that this is expected behavior…? If it is, then let’s please proceed with setting up the sump pump water management feature.

Alright, yes that sounds like it is functioning as I think it should be expected. I believe the IQ Panel will restore the status of the aux alarm sensor after acknowledging the alarm.

We’ve set up the sump pump function for you and you should now be able to view the Sump Pump card from the home page of Alarm.com.

Thanks, Jason, everything looks great! Thank you for all your help with this!!

with the new IQ2 firwmare release to 2.5, it states “Added support for Sump Pump integration via Alarm.com when the Water Management service plan is enabled”. Wondering what this entails. Could the end-user now configure the water sensor, etc.?

That’s my guess although I am unable to test. It was compatible before 2.5.0 but had to be enabled on the back end by the dealer.

Once I have tracked down more information about it, I will follow up.

1 Like

I just came to post this same thing. I installed 2.5. Does this mean that Sump Pump monitoring should now show as a card on the IQ2 panel?

I’m still awaiting confirmation from Qolsys. Its entirely possible although I do not see a page configuration option for it in Installer Settings, which other cards have. I’ll keep you posted.

Jason, a couple quick questions pertaining to the back-end configurations you made for the sump pump monitoring:

1. I see that with firmware 2.5.0, that the associated water sensor (float switch contact wired to the Hardware 8 board) can now be reconfigured at the panel between Reporting (Sensor Group 38) and Non-reporting (Sensor Group 25).
  2. I know that there has always been an option to rename sensors at the panel and/or in ADC.

I expect that this back-end association is based on some unique identifier, and not simply by name (such that renaming would break the association in a manner that I may not be able to see without testing). Just wanted to confirm that changing either of these configurations from my end would be OK to do and not break any of the back-end configuration you implemented…?

If you are going to change the group from 38 to 25, please let us know as we will have to adjust settings on the back end for that to work properly.

Just changing the name however, should have no impact.

@ImpetuousRacer @xeon

The listing of Sump Pump monitoring in the release notes in 2.5.0 refers to the use of a water sensor for Sump Pump monitoring using Group 25 (non-reporting). This was not possible prior to 2.5.0.

2 Likes

Hi, I swapped over to a new panel today (IQ2 to IQ2+). Your team restored backup, I reinstalled all my zwave devices, including the Energy Monitoring Switch.
Could you please setup the Sump Pump Monitoring the same as you did last time. Thanks!

Happy to. Commands to configure the Sump pump have been sent. The process should take a few minutes to complete.