ADC Sump Pump Monitoring

While compatible with the Qolsys panel itself, there may still be an issue with syncing with ADC.

Typically we will be able to see the option to “Add a Sump Pump” and assist with configuration, but this is not present on your account despite the heavy duty switch being installed. The issue would likely need to be resolved or directed by ADC.

Just to make sure we have all the info, could you provide the exact model number and revision of the Heavy Duty Switch? If possible the manufacture date if on the label.

The link to what I purchased: http://a.co/i7150s9
Aeon Labs ZW078-A,White,V3.26,US,AL001 Zw078-A Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch, Small, White

Attached a pic of the back label… Didn’t see a manufacturer date anywhere.

Any word back from ADC on this?

Not yet, we will follow up with them again today and post an update.

Well, a minor, but good update: the issue was successfully replicated on an IQ Panel 2 during testing so it does look like it is panel specific and will require manufacturer or Alarm.com to fix. So it may take a little time to resolve and may be in a major build version update, but it is confirmed and being worked on. (it may also be quick, we do not have an ETA at this time)

Just wanted to circle back to see if there was any update on this. Thanks.

I’ve heard back from ADC here and unfortunately no ETA yet, just that it was an active investigation, meaning it should be addressed in an upcoming update.

It’s been about 3 months, just wanted to check back. Just hoping this does not get lost in an infinite loop of ADC pointing to Qolsys and/or Qolsys pointing to ADC. Thanks.

Currently, we have no new updates other than the issue is actively being looked into at ADC. We have reached out to ADC and are hoping to hear more details from them soon, will post here when new info arises.

Just wanted to follow up on this. Now that there is a new layout in ADC, is there something I need to do so I can add the Sump Pump monitoring card? Or is this still being worked on? I know Qolsys recently updated their firmware, I hoping this had the necessary fix. Thanks!

It appears that this issue is still ongoing and does not appear to have been referenced in the latest IQ Panel 2 software update.

We will reach out to Qolsys for more information.

Sump Pump Alert notifications should be found under the Notifications tab (Notifications -> + New Notification -> Standard -> Sump Pump Alarm).

I reached out to Qolsys tech support, this has been their latest response…

James,

It looks like ADC changed something on their blackened when we launched IQ Panel 2. Even though both panels operate the same for flood sensors with the 2 different sub types, on IQ Panel 1 they ignored that fact on their backend however changed this which now effects both panels.

We put in a request for them to change this and accept both sub types so the sump pump monitoring will function correctly.

Thank you for your patience.

So it looks like Qolsys is saying it is not them, and it is something ADC needs to change. However, from your response, it looks like ADC is pointing their finger at it being a change needed in the Qolsys firmware to get it to work right.

Has ADC provided any technical details of what they believe the issue is? Perhaps I can get that info to Qolsys tech support. I almost feel this is a stale mate situation that each company is saying it is the others problem, when I imagine this is probably a super simple fix if we get a hold of the right person on either side. Appreciate all the help getting this resolved!

Has ADC provided any technical details of what they believe the issue is?

No, technical details of communication between manufacturers and ADC would not be shared.

It looks like there is indeed an open ticket between ADC and Qolsys to get this resolved. We can check to see if there are any updates and see if we can spur things along, but a fix would be in progress. We will update here with any available info or ETA.

No, technical details of communication between manufacturers and ADC would not be shared.

It looks like there is indeed an open ticket between ADC and Qolsys to get this resolved. We can check to see if there are any updates and see if we can spur things along, but a fix would be in progress. We will update here with any available info or ETA.

So it has been a couple months since the last update (1 year since the original issue), just wondering if they either side has resolved this yet or if there was any update. Thanks.

The issue is still ongoing and has been escalated, I am waiting to hear back more information regarding this fix. I will post back with more details as they are available

Well, we have confirmation of both where the problem lies as well as the reason for it taking so long.

The issue is unfortunately caused by an error in the way the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 reports the device info to ADC. This has been confirmed by ADC reps. The info passed by the IQ Panel 2 is different than any other system apparently for the heavy duty switch.

I am told they had a lot of trouble testing and confirming because as it turns out there are only 15 users total in the entire ADC back-end which this affects.

They have escalated the issue to engineers and are awaiting the resolution to be confirmed.

Well, we have confirmation of both where the problem lies as well as the reason for it taking so long.

The issue is unfortunately caused by an error in the way the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 reports the device info to ADC. This has been confirmed by ADC reps. The info passed by the IQ Panel 2 is different than any other system apparently for the heavy duty switch.

I am told they had a lot of trouble testing and confirming because as it turns out there are only 15 users total in the entire ADC back-end which this affects.

They have escalated the issue to engineers and are awaiting the resolution to be confirmed.

Just wanted to follow up on this. Since I am one of the very few with this setup, is there anyway I can be assistance to Qolsys or ADC in rectifying the issue? I’m more than willing to test beta firmware or perform any changes needed and report back to them. Thanks for your help on this.

It appears that a new dealer tool has been integrated in the back end for this pairing. This is something that can only be set up via dealer, we’ll just need to know a couple things first:

Associated Energy Monitor would be the Sump Switch (assuming this is the Heavy Duty Smart Switch), but which current flood sensor? (would assume Sump Flood)

Associated Notifications:

-Pump is not running and water sensor activated (Critical)
-Pump is malfunctioning and water sensor activated (Critical)
-Pump is running and water sensor activated (Possible Issue)
-Pump is running and water sensor not activated (Normal Operation)

Note that the notification address would be the primary user email on file.

Let us know which notification from the above you want (or all) and confirm the associated flood sensor and we will get this set up so you can test.

You can also send the follow up via Secure Message if you’d prefer .

Your assumptions are correct. The heavy duty switch is the “sump switch” and the associated flood sensor is the “sump flood” sensor.

Enabling all notifications as you have it listed would be great. Thanks for the help!

Excellent, thank you for following up! The device has been configured on the back end. Let us know what you see through testing.

Excellent, thank you for following up! The device has been configured on the back end. Let us know what you see through testing.

I logged in and can now see the card for the Sump Switch. It provides all the various combinations of the sump function in conjunction with the sump flood sensor.

It’s a huge help as this month I started having issues with the sump pump. The sensor went off while I was out of town and I was not able to go down and check if the pump was powered on or running etc. This will help me know if I need to get a plumber out ASAP, etc if I am not there to check on it.

Thanks so much for helping me finally get this up and running!