ADC Smart Water Meter & Valve (ADC-SWM150)

Oh I think I know what the problem is. There are two water packages. You already have the irrigation package on but to get the valve + metre you need to enable the water package Advanced or Essentials. Ask your dealer to enable the second water package. This I think will solve the problem.

Great information!! Hopefully @jason or someone else from Surety can check in on this and confirm. Jason had previously mentioned that I already have water management features active on my account, but this is the first I’m hearing of different tiers to this, like Advanced or Essentials.

I should also mention that I apparently have some legacy feature and so cannot check this for myself in Surety’s System Manager.

Yeah I see that, looks like flow metering for the SWM is behind another package feature. There is base water management and a water management plus they added recently for certain flow meter functions. I’ll message you the details on it.

@jwcsurety Hi Jason! My meter was installed today and I have everything connected. Apparently I need the details on the “water management plus” feature as well. I am only able to see the ability to open and close my valve. No metering features appear.

@tzest @xeon I will test out the remote opening and closing tomorrow to see if I can replicate your out or sync status issues.

Thanks all!
-Ryan

@CaptainDRC , great - glad to hear that you got it installed!

It’ll be interesting to hear whether or not you have the same issue with valve command confirmation/status sync. I have this issue, but I understand that xeon does not. We both have the same model of panel and are running the same firmware version (whereas I understand that you are using a different model panel altogether).

Jason is pursuing the issue with ADC. It’ll be an interesting data point as to whether or not you experience the same problem.

For the benefit of anyone else that might run into the same problem with the valve status not correctly updating in the ADC app and site, updating to Qolsys panel firmware version 2.6.0 (apparently just released) appears to have resolved this issue for me.

That’s great news, thank you for confirming.

Yes, 2.6.0 was just released. See info here.