ADC Skybell HD and two doorbells?

In my two-story house, I have two traditional mechanical doorbells, one downstairs and another upstairs. The two doorbells are wired in-series and powered by a 16V, 30VA transformer which is controlled by a single push-button doorbell switch at the front door-everything works.

To enhance my 2GIG GC3/SP1 system, I’d like to upgrade to an Alarm.com video add-on solution and replace the doorbell switch with an ADC SkyBell HD. But, I realize that my original transformer exceeds the specs of Alarm.com’s recommended transformer (16V, 10 VA) and I’d likely damage the Skybell HD once installed. And, to replace the original transformer, I also realize that the recommended transformer is not powerful enough to energize (activate) two mechanical doorbells simultaneously.

According to ADC installer instructions; I must first replace the original transformer with a 16V, 10 VA transformer. And, I’d have to disable one of the two doorbells. This solution kinda defeats the purpose of having “fully-functional” doorbell capability throughout the house.

I can’t believe that I’m the only person who has ever wanted to install an ADC SkyBell HD into a two-doorbell scenario such as mine. Is there a “creative” solution or work-around; maybe use a GC3 collector as a relay? Warning, I’m not an electrical engineer. And, if needed, I’m willing to replace all of my existing doorbell equipment to enable the use of a Skybell HD within my use case.

I’m stumped - any idea? Aero

But, I realize that my original transformer exceeds the specs of Alarm.com’s recommended transformer (16V, 10 VA) and I’d likely damage the Skybell HD once installed.

What are the specs on the transformer you are using? If it is standard equipment, you would likely have an appropriate voltage transformer, voltage does not increase to accommodate additional devices. There just needs to be enough current.

Nevermind, I re-read and saw in the initial paragraph. That transformer you have is fine.

A simple, general way of thinking about it is that you should never have too much Voltage or too little max current.

The device itself determines the current it uses.

That’s great news - thanks Jason!!!

Hi thanks Jason for your help because i also facing that issue with my video ring doorbell 2. Now its works good due to your help thanks again.