ADC & Schlage BE469 Notifications

Should I be able to define lock notifications by user with a 2GIG panel and Schlage BE469 locks? When I login to ADC and try to add a lock notification for “Unlocked By” the only radio button that appears is for “Any User”.

One thing that might cause what you are seeing is that users will not automatically be given access to locks. Go to the users page and verify that the desired users have access. If no one does, the “Select Users” option will be grayed out.

Are you saying that there is no “Select Users” option at all?

Would you be able to post a cropped screenshot of that middle part of the page where those options are presented?

In my case all panel users have access to all locks. Unlocking with user codes from the locks works fine for everyone. I’ve attached a snippet of the user screen showing the All Locks indicator. The other image is when I try to create a notification. When I select “Unlocked By…” it expands down a line and shows the radio button for “Any User” and nothing else. Also in the activity logs it shows the unlock events without names when unlocked using the keypad.

User-Lock-Access.png

Do all of the created user codes function at the lock?

I know of issues relating to 2GIG and Schlage BE469s and user code interactions not functioning as expected. This was supposed to be resolved in 2GIG firmware 1.13

I would recommend upgrading the firmware of your panel and then remove and re-add the locks. Does this solve the issue?

All the user codes work at all the locks. I guess I’ll need to get myself a USB cable to get the firmware upgraded. I believe I’m currently on 1.10.

Before doing anything else I am going to send a few commands to your panel and request updated Zwave info, followed by a hard reset. Is this ok to do now?

It appears the issue is that Alarm.com is able to send the codes to the panel, which is relayed to the lock, but somewhere along the confirmation return trip, no user codes are being confirmed.

You can do the reset now if you’re available.

Sent. In about 5-10 minutes, go ahead and test some of the codes and see if it reports the user who unlocked the door on Alarm.com. If not yet, I would recommend removing and relearning one of the door locks and testing it new.

OK, still just showing that it unlocked, and no change in the notification window. I’ll relearn a lock tonight. I’m assuming the relearn process should be:

–Remove from Z-Wave network on the panel with the panel next to the lock.
–Verify the lock is also removed from ADC
–Relearn the Z-Wave lock with the panel next to the lock.
–Verify the lock shows on ADC
–Assign user codes through ADC to the lock.
–Test code from lock
–Check results on ADC

Garage-Door-Lock-2.png

–Remove from Z-Wave network on the panel with the panel next to the lock.
–Verify the lock is also removed from ADC
–Relearn the Z-Wave lock with the panel next to the lock.
-Run Network Rediscovery with devices in permanent locations and panel powered on AC.
–Verify the lock shows on ADC
–Assign user codes through ADC to the lock.
–Test code from lock
–Check results on ADC

Yes. And just to verify, this is a BE469, not a BE369, correct?

Correct, they are all BE469 locks.

Any luck with the removal/re-addition? Were you able to test that?

Alright, it looks like my first instinct was the right one. The issue is related to firmware and you will want to upgrade to 1.13 to continue using Schlage and get the full features.

1.13 is not available OTA yet so a cable is needed.