ADC-S2000-T-RA issue

Hey guys, I just added an ADC-T2000 thermostat and got the schedule setup successfully. Now I’m adding two ADC-S2000-T-RA remote sensors. I was able to learn the first sensor into the panel without issue and it appears to be reading temp just fine (Master Bedroom). However, I don’t seem to have any of the additional programming options available to me on ADC (see no thermometer icon in left panel, screenshot attached).

Simon XTi Version 4170a
Z-Wave Version 3.28, Capability 1C
ADC-T2000 FW 1.5 / ZFWV 1.1 (from box)
ADC-S2000-T-RA FW 1.0 / ZFWV 1.0 (from box)

Thanks,

Andy

What is the communication module firmware?

Jason, where can I find that? I thought it was 4170a.

It will be on the module sticker. it will be an x followed by three numbers.

Just want to verify it is a compatible version. It will need to be x183 or above.

I can try to take a look. I also see in another post from 10/2014 about my power meter install that I said “I had someone from online chat enable emPower and flash my cell/zwave module to the latest version OTA to help ensure compatibility.” I don’t know if you the ability to search that for details.

I found the chat transcript. It looks like it was an update just for the Z-Wave module that had a description of “Update for Zwave Lock Compatibility”. I’ll see if I can find the sticker.

So it’s X170-VZ. Where does this leave me?

flash my cell/zwave module to the latest version OTA to help ensure compatibility

Enabling account features like Energy Management would be necessary, but Simon XT/XTi modules cannot be upgraded directly to later versions and require being swapped in order to upgrade. I believe what you were referring to was added support for Yale locks.

To get to X183 a new module would be required unfortunately. The RTS is known not to function properly on earlier firmware.

How do I go about obtaining a new module with the latest firmware? Also, is there a list of firmware versions and functionality that was added or fixed with each?

suretyDIY does not currently sell Simon Modules, but they are available through other retail outlets online. You would want to verify with the seller that they are the latest version. X183 is the most recent version currently.

I’ll see if ADC has some additional info or release notes.

Warren, let me know if you find anything. Looks like I can get an X183 without issue, but would be good to know if I’d be buying for this feature alone or if there are other benefits.

Also, how difficult is it going to be for me to swap this out without screwing up all existing setup with ADC?

Swapping would just require sending our team the new module number and indicating you are performing a module swap in an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com or in a secure message through your account page on suretyDIY. Our team can then change your account’s module id on our end to start communicating with your new X183 module.

This would not otherwise alter your account, although the Z-wave network would need to be set up again (the Z-wave radio is on the module itself).

Thanks Jason. Sounds easy enough. Would I be able to retain my energy usage data? Warren just finally got me fixed up with that in another thread. :slight_smile:

Would I be able to retain my energy usage data? Warren just finally got me fixed up with that in another thread.

Yes, the removed sensor data is kept for a short while on ADC, so the data from one instance of the meter should be able to be sent to the new one when you learn it back into the new module. (within a couple days I believe) Just let us know when you have it learned back in after the swap

Okay, performed the comm test and things look good. I even have the temperature icon on ADC. However, I can’t seem to get z-wave devices re-enrolled (holding down button on T2000 lights up wireless icon, but panel never responds and times out from add device mode. I also tried an Aeon Labs light/dimmer module without success as well. All z-wave devices still show up at ADC. What is the proper process here?

Z-wave devices link to their parent device and cannot be added into another controller until that link is removed. You can do that with any controller. You’ll just need to perform a “Remove Device” first before adding each one.

Wow z-wave is so finicky sometimes, but I finally managed to get all devices removed and re-added. Can you please migrate my electricity usage history from the old Whole House Power to the new Whole House Power device? Thanks!

Hey guys, can you please transfer my power data before its lost?

Data has been transferred. Do you see the historical info?