ADC Remote Connection

The module has been swapped on our end. Can you power down and restart the panel. You will also need to perform a cell phone test in order to get the new module to begin communicating with Alarm.com.

Jay, powered completely down. Waited 2+ minutes. Started back up. Radio strength was 5/31. Ran three tests in a row and all came back good. Panel is sending signals to alarm.com b/c we get alerts on phones. It is receiving weather from ADC. Went to ADC and sent a arm command. Didn’t go anywhere.

I ran another cell test while the arm command was in queue. Cell test came back ok and then got a message that the panel is not in a state that it can be armed.

Any suggestions?

5/31? Not 20/31 or higher?

You should keep an eye on the radio signal…that’s a very bad signal. The signal fluctuates, and your signal is intermittent, and panel will constantly lose signal/drop.

This is bad because ADC won’t be able to properly send/receive signals, in an alarm intrusion event/fire this could have disastrous consequences

Sounds like you are either in a 3G dead zone, or something is wrong with your panel

Take your panel off the wall, make sure you keep antenna attached, and move it to different locations of your home, try it near windows, see if signal increases (may have to give it like 10 min at each location)

Manufacturer recommends panel should be center of home. Make sure your panel isn’t in Any type of enclosure/can

In my case,I have a three level home, and my panel is on the second floor, probably about 10’ from windows

If you move it near a window,or upper floor and signal improves (I.e., 15/31 or higher), then you should consider getting either the atic antenna or relocating panel

If on the other hand, no location in your home gives you a consistent green signal (signal does not go below 15 in a course of hours), then you should check the 3G signals in your immediate area and/or consider replacing the panel itself

Else do a dual connection (POTS and cellular)

I agree with all of the points that rive made.

5/31 is a very weak signal. I would try seeing if moving the panel to another area of the home closer to an exterior wall improves the signal strength and allows for you to communicate with the panel more effectively.

I just requested a signal strength from your panel and received an acknowledgement. Generally speaking, it has been my experience that I can’t get an acknowledgement if the panel is unable to receive remote communications from Alarm.com. Can you try to Arm/Disarm your panel remotely again? Even if it does succeed, I would still suggest moving the panel to another location to try and get a stronger signal strength.