ADC integration with Qolsys

Once the new ADC doorbell is available, I’m considering moving from our Ring doorbell/outdoor cameras to ADC cameras.
Is there any Poe camera integration with the Qolsys system? Does video analytics work with ADC Poe cameras?
Basically I’m trying to decide b/t wifi vs Poe cameras.

These cameras are POE and can be streamed to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and are compatible with Video Analytics

180° HD Camera (ADC-V622)
Indoor/Outdoor Mini Bullet (ADC-VC726)
Indoor/Outdoor Bullet Camera (ADC-VC736)
Indoor/Outdoor Dome (ADC-VC826)
Indoor/Outdoor Turret Camera (ADC-VC836)

More information on how to set up streaming to the IQ Panel 2 can be found here.

More information on Video Analytics, including camera compatibility, can be found here.

Thanks. I’ll check out those options. I presume the Poe cameras also require an nvr?
Does those Poe cameras support video analytics?

The PoE cameras don’t require an SVR/NVR. The SVR gets you 24/7 continuous recording but without it they can still record in the cloud.

I’ve got a lot of reading to do here. If the Poe cameras don’t have an nvr, do the cables run back to the svr? Where does the camera power come from?
The svr looks wireless, so does that mean it’s wifi? Why go to the trouble of using a Poe camera if it works on wifi?
Are there any ADC Poe cameras with better resolution than 1080p?

I guess my bigger question is would there be benefit in upgrading to ADC Poe cameras over my wifi ring cameras and doorbell I have currently?

I’m looking for motion notification, the option of 24/7 recording and 2k or 4k resolution. I’d wait until the ADC doorbell is released to avoid the having so many separate apps.

Where does the camera power come from?

IP cameras use your local home network to communicate over the internet. POE IP cameras would draw power from a standard POE switch or POE Injector. Cameras do not directly plug into the SVR, they communicate with one another over your LAN.

Are there any ADC Poe cameras with better resolution than 1080p?

No, 1080p is the highest resolution option available at this time.

I guess my bigger question is would there be benefit in upgrading to ADC Poe cameras over my wifi ring cameras and doorbell I have currently?

What are the model numbers of your cameras? I can check the specs of them to compare.

Without knowing the models of devices you currently have it would be hard to compare and weigh the benefits, but if you are looking for 2k or 4k support, no, the ADC POE cameras generally would not provide the benefit you are looking for.

There are other benefits to ADC video, especially if you use Alarm.com for your alarm system, but it does require investment in all new cameras unless you already use Alarm.com cameras.

Great info, thanks Jason. I think for now it’s not worth the upgrade and I’ll keep the Ring setup.
ADC doorbell not available.
ADC Camera resolution is the same as the Ring system.
If I wanted 24hr recording, svr would potentially add significant congestion to the LAN.
My gripe about the ring motion alerts appears to be also true with the ADC camera motion alerts: I get an immediate notification when motion triggers the camera, but I can’t pull up the actual motion event on my device until the recorded event is uploaded to the Ring servers, which usually take several minutes, at which time the actual motion has long passed.
Significant investment in the ADC system to achieve similar results as current ring cameras.

If I wanted 24hr recording, svr would potentially add significant congestion to the LAN

If you only have a handful of cameras it shouldn’t have a huge impact. If you have a sizeable system it is common to set up a parallel network with a router/access points dedicated to the surveillance equipment. This can also help solve range performance issues since most of the time outdoor cameras must connect to your network from locations where you have never needed a strong wifi signal before, and may not have one.

My gripe about the ring motion alerts appears to be also true with the ADC camera motion alerts: I get an immediate notification when motion triggers the camera, but I can’t pull up the actual motion event on my device until the recorded event is uploaded to the Ring servers, which usually take several minutes, at which time the actual motion has long passed.

Recorded video clips do need to be saved to the server before they are available. This is going to be true of any system unless the notification is withheld until the clip is saved.

Alternatively when you get the notification, you can just view the live video feed to see if that motion is still occurring.

Again, helpful info thanks.

So the svr and cameras would continue to be viewable and record in an internet outage as long as the router is powered?

In a previous home we had simplisafe cameras, which would show a low bandwidth gif of the motion event, which was immediately viewable at the time of the motion even. The simplisafe system overall was horrific, but I really miss that one feature.

Can you help me understand what an ADC POE camera system would look like?

I’m thinking poe camera mounted on an eve, Ethernet cable that runs back the the router or switch or possibly an injector that runs back to router or switch. Then svr connects wirelessly to camera via LAN?

So the svr and cameras would continue to be viewable and record in an internet outage as long as the router is powered?

Yep. Cameras record directly to your SVR over your LAN.

Can you help me understand what an ADC POE camera system would look like? I’m thinking poe camera mounted on an eve, Ethernet cable that runs back the the router or switch or possibly an injector that runs back to router or switch. Then svr connects wirelessly to camera via LAN?

SVR <— Router —> POE Switch —> Cameras

The SVR connects via Ethernet to the router. The Cameras are powered via a switch or individual injectors, which connect to the router via ethernet.

Is there an ADC switch available? I haven’t come across one.

No, there is no ADC branded POE switch. POE is a standardized format.

Consider a gigabit switch. Here is a good example.

Anything over 50 Watt per 4 POE ports should be fine for all current ADC camera models.