ADC-CSVR2008P and 3rd Party Cameras

I have a pro series CSVR that I have added to my account. Unfortunately, Alarm.com doesn’t make a 4MP camera that has two way voice or at least a mic, so I am attempting to hook up an ONVIF compatible camera, but it doesn’t recognize it when I put in the MAC address. Do I need a specialized account to make it work? On the website, it says that you can connect ONVIF compatible cameras if you have a pro series CSVR.

On the website, it says that you can connect ONVIF compatible cameras if you have a pro series CSVR.

Are you referencing the Alarm.com website?

Third-party camera integration requires an Alarm.com Pro Series CSVR and a Commercial video service package with the Third Party Cameras add-on selected.

Surety does not support Alarm.com Commercial service plans. This integration cannot be used through Surety.

Ok thanks.

@thelittlea I may be wrong but I believe this alarm.com commercial camera in the pro series has a mic. Surety may have to correct me if I am wrong but at least it appears to above the lens
Alarm.com ADC-VC838PF Pro Series 4MP Turret PoE Camera with Varifocal Lens, V722W, ADC-V520IR, Fixed Indoor, Wireless, IP Camera, with Night Vision, White, V522IR, V620PT, V722W, V720, VDB101, VDB105, VS420, VS121, SVR100, CCTV, systems, HD 720P, (lowvoltagesupply.com)

1 Like

It’s possible because I am currently testing the VC728PF and it doesn’t advertise that it has a speaker but it does and it has the sound button to play an audio deterrent. I did reach out to alarm.com and submitted a suggestion that they create more 4MP cameras with 2 way audio. They stated that it’s relatively new for the pro cameras, which is true (VC727P just released this year but at only 1080p) but that they will send it over. I’m hoping more will come out soon. Alarm.com is one of the few camera brands I could find with a wide FOV >115 degrees; they are just missing out on the higher resolutions and 2 way audio. I’ve tried the VC727P and I like it except for the resolution. 1080p isn’t enough anymore to capture details, especially outside at longer distances.

Alarm.com does not specifically state that the Varifocal Turret Camera (ADC-VC838PF) has a mic. We do not carry it, so I do not have any first hand experience with this device.

@thelittlea

Can you confirm if the 728 has two way audio. What are your thoughts on that camera after using it for awhile?

Thanks.

I can confirm that currently, this camera doesn’t have 1way/2way audio. The resolution is great but currently no way to talk to anyone or hear anything. I have confirmed that there is a speaker however. I’m hoping that they will enable it in a future firmware update. I couldn’t confirm that there is a mic but I believe there is one built in around the speaker grill.

@thelittlea

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

I know you stated the resolution is great, is that true with the varifocal lens zoomed all the way in, and about what distance would that be and could you identify a face or license plate at that distance?

I honestly haven’t tried it with the lens zoomed all the way in because I’m testing it in my backyard and wanted to keep it as wide as possible. I can say that I can capture my entire backyard with the one camera. I can see faces pretty well in the distance but wouldn’t know if I could see a license plate zoomed in though.

@thelittlea

Thank you!

I found this document on the internet. To me, it looks like the VC728PF has a speaker and a mic, if I’m reading this correctly. Hopefully, they will enable 2-way soon.

1 Like