ADC compatibility w/ Aeotec Home Energy Meter G2?

Just checking if Aeon Lab’s newer G2 energy meter is fully compatible with a 2Gig panel and Alarm.com?

Thanks!

The whole home energy meter needs to be G1 as of 2GIG V1.13 (This may change in a future 2GIG firmware, 1.14 should be out sometime soon, but I am uncertain if this is addressed)

Thanks for the Reply.

Originally I was surprised to that others had issues with the G2 version of the meter; I would have expected newer meters to still be backwards compatible with the Aeotec’s G1 version. I dug through the Z-Wave certifications for Aeotec’s meters and now I see why.

Aeotec actually has three different meters, each with different Role Types and Command Classes

1. Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen5 ZW095-A
    Device Class: Sub Energy Meter / Always On Slave
    Supported Command Classes (15):
    Association
    Basic
    CRC16 Encapsulation
    Firmware Update Meta Data
    Multi Channel Association
    Device Reset Local
    Multi Channel
    Security
    Version
    Manufacturer Specific
    Meter
    ZWavePlus Info
    Association Group Information
    Configuration
    Powerlevel

2. Aeotec Home Energy Meter G2 DSB28-ZWUS (G2)
    Device Class: METER / SIMPLE_METER
    Supported Command Classes (8):
    Association
    Basic
    CRC16 Encapsulation
    Multi Channel
    Version
    Manufacturer Specific
    Meter
    Configuration

3. Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter DSB09xxx-ZWUS (G1)
    Device Class: SENSOR_MULTILEVEL / ROUTING_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
    Supported Command Classes (9):
    Association
    Basic
    Battery
    Multi Channel
    Version
    Manufacturer Specific
    Meter
    Configuration
    Multilevel Sensor

Since the 2GIG panel functions as the controller, it would need to support at least some of the device classes /command classes for each meter. I’m assuming that 2GIG has written an API that translates each command class to something ADC can access (unless it’s just a z-wave over IP proxy for ADC), so 2GIG needs include support for new device and command classes in their firmware.

2GIG’s Z-Wave certification is pretty old, it must be from the original release of the panel, because it doesn’t list any command classes for power meters.

I don’t suppose there’s any documentation for exactly what device and command classes 2GIG supports, is there?

• Wilbur

No, there is not a compiled list (though I imagine it to be small) but I’m happy to request it and see.

New support is indeed added with firmware updates.

Bring this thread back from the dead…

Any update to compatibility with newer versions of Aeotec energy meters?

I have a GC2 running version 1.16 firmware and I’m not having any luck connecting to a Gen5.

Did the 2E version make the cut?

I believe you’ll still need the first edition with any 2GIG GC2. I’ll double check with ADC and follow up.

I was just about to update this post.

This morning my wife looked at the TS1 display and asked what the new gauge was? Woohoo, looks like it took a bit of time, but the system finally accepted the ZW095 as a energy meter!!!

So I can confirm the GC2 works with the Aeotec ZW095.

I spoke with ADC reps and I am told by ADC that officially only the Gen 1 is yet supported on the GC2.

I’m not sure how fully functional the Gen 5 will be.