ADC commands not being received by myq

Dang, alright, well the G0301 manual from Chamberlain has exactly zero details in it regarding using the settings button for door installation. Looks like they have essentially turned the manual into an arrow pointing at the MyQ app.

I would like to try installing the doors outside of the add device wizard as a test, but I’m not finding updated instructions for that.

It looks like you still have the Gateway registered but no door. Can you try one more time to add the door through the wizard? Let’s try with a different browser if possible.

Let me know when you did that and I am going to have ADC look at the data traffic to see if MyQ servers and ADC are communicating properly here.

I finally got the opener enrolled and working! it did take two tries in the wizard, though - the first attempt timed out, then had to be prompted to start again by pushing the purple program button on the opener a second time. I did use a different browser this time as you suggested.

after successfully opening and closing a few time via the ADC app, it stopped working - the app would say “opening…” but never opened. I logged out then back in a few time, and now it does seem to be working again.

any thoughts why it was so difficult to get this enrolled? or why it seems to not work sometimes?

is there a way to set up a notification that comes, say, every 5 minutes indefinitely as long as the door stays open?

any thoughts why it was so difficult to get this enrolled? or why it seems to not work sometimes?

In this particular case, I could not say, as we have not seen this exact issue before. Typically we see issues when coming from the native MyQ App to Alarm.com. It can take a little while for information to be released from the MyQ side before it can be paired successfully with ADC and requires some extra work.

I have reached out to ADC to see if this is something they have experienced and will follow up once I have more information.

is there a way to set up a notification that comes, say, every 5 minutes indefinitely as long as the door stays open?

A Garage left open notification can be created through the Notifications tab of Alarm.com. It will not notify indefinitely but you can create more then one and different intervals.

How does the gocontrol linear z-wave garage door controller compare to the myq hub, in terms of functionality, reliability, etc?

If you have a strong Z-wave network which can reach your garage, the Z-wave garage opener is another option which is compatible with a variety of overhead units. Operation is basically the same, but as it is a Z-wave device it will rely on other Z-wave devices for signaling.

Is the one in your online store the only one compatible with the IQ2+ and do you know when it will become available again?

Yes the Linear Z-wave controller is compatible, but I don’t have any eta on availability through our store. Z-wave devices have been hit pretty hard by the supply chain and manufacturing issues.