ADC App Notifications

I can’t seem to find any place to send suggestions to ADC, so maybe you guys have some pull there. The ADC app would be a lot more useful if you had the ability to set different sounds for various notifications. Right now everything comes through with the same sound, so without looking I have no way of knowing whether it is a routine notification, or if someone is pressing my Skybell HD button, or if my alarm has been triggered.

Echoing some other posts I’ve read, having some notifications be contingent on the alarm status would be incredibly useful as well.

I can’t seem to find any place to send suggestions to ADC, so maybe you guys have some pull there.

Feature requests should typically go through your service provider, so of course we are happy to help!

Right now everything comes through with the same sound, so without looking I have no way of knowing whether it is a routine notification, or if someone is pressing my Skybell HD button, or if my alarm has been triggered.

I think ultimately the anticipated goal with notifications is that if a notification is generated, the user would want to see it. If there are a number of notifications being generated that you do not find useful, limiting the times or frequency by adjusting the notification rules is probably the best way to go. Of course you may not be in a position to check it right away, and having a cue whether the notification is an Alarm or not is definitely a great idea.

Alarm and Non-Alarm notifications can already utilize separate push notification sounds. This is manageable in the App. Go to Settings - Notifications.

A unique notification sound for the Skybell HD is definitely a good idea, (currently uses the non-alarm sound) We are of course happy to make a request for this with ADC.

Echoing some other posts I’ve read, having some notifications be contingent on the alarm status would be incredibly useful as well

I believe you are referring to arming status, as in filter if the panel is disarmed, etc.? We’ve requested that as an added filter, I agree there are a couple notification types that could benefit a lot from this, primarily no-response-type sensor status. We’ve made requests regarding this and are hoping to see it implemented soon.

Alarm and Non-Alarm notifications can already utilize separate push notification sounds. This is manageable in the App. Go to Settings – Notifications.

I’m unable to locate this, I’m using the latest iOS app. Settings, Notifications, ADC lets me turn push notifications on, have sounds, and show on lock screen, but no ability to set the sound, or specify alarm/non-alarm. I don’t find anything like this either using the in-app Notifications or App Settings - am I missing something obvious?

I’m unable to locate this, I’m using the latest iOS app.

Ah, yes, you are right, that is only in the Android App. It’s been a while since it was discussed but if I recall something about IOS inhibits this. I want to say background running apps can only play the default sound, but I would need to verify that.

I’ve made a request for more info but for now that is not possible on IOS. I’m not aware of any effective work-around unfortunately.

I’ve used a Vera to send push notifications to the Prowl app, and was able to designate a severity, with each notification having a selectable sound, so unless something has change to prevent that, it should be possible.

Thanks.

We could not speak to the function of a third party app like Prowl, but we’ve made an official request to add the custom sounds, and we will follow up with this example.