ADC-2000 Smart Thermostat goes on/off 3 times

Not sure if this is a setting or some other issue with my ADC-T2000 Thermostats but i’ve noticed that ever since i’ve switch the mode to Heat these things go on and off three times in a row every time the Heat kicks on. They will run for 15-20 minutes each time and as soon as it turns off, 30 seconds later it will turn right back on and then do the same thing again. I’ve attempted to reset to default values but still runs the same.

Any thoughts as to what’s going on?

T2000-mode.png

will run for 15-20 minutes each time and as soon as it turns off, 30 seconds later it will turn right back on and then do the same thing again. I’ve attempted to reset to default values but still runs the same.

You don’t even have full thermostat control access. You need to properly configure your HVAC unit

First, verify you properly wired tstat, then you may also need to adjust settings on the installer and advanced menus. Ask your provider (SafeGuard) to enable those thermostat control features. for example, heat pumps Compressor delay should prevent the tstat from kicking on back to back (which can cause damage to the unit). 15 min is probably default staging delay. I dunno what kind of HVAC unit you have, but you need to verify, and if necessary properly configure your staging delay and type.

if you provide info on your HVAC unit type, Aux, someone may be able to help you verify it is wired to tstat properly and properly configured.

^ This.

There are two additional configuration tabs for thermostats that your dealer would have access to. If you notice improper function, you will want to contact your dealer to verify everything is configured properly.

As stated above, we can try to verify wiring if you can provide the model of HVAC, perhaps a couple photos of the wiring at the thermostat and HVAC.

Thanks for the feedback, i’ve requested enablement of those menus from SafeGuard. In regards to wiring (see screenshot), I wired them the exact same way as my previous thermostats - 2GIG Z-Wave Remote Controllable Thermostat (CT100). My HVAC systems are Carrier WeatherMaker 8000, model: 58DLA110—10122. Again screenshots attached.

Any suggestion on proper settings would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

So it appears to be a gas furnace unit with fan blower. Does it have an outdoor AC unit? Since you are missing an O/B wire I assume you do not have a heatpump.

It appears by your wiring, that you may have a 2 stage system- 1 stage heat, 1 stage cool.

1 stage heat with 1 stage cooling:

if on the other hand, you have 2 stages of heat

2 stage heat with 1 stage cooling:

2 stage: 1 stage heat and 1 stage cooling:

Tstat wiring:

Is your thermostat reaching the target set point? Is the HVAC shutting off before the target point is reached?

I live in Arizona my HVACs are in the attic and have outdoor AC units. No O/B wire, all wires are connectected per previous thermostat.
I dont believe I have a 2 stage heat, but wanted to double check how one would verify this.

Hmm, I will have to double check if the HVAC is shutting off before reaching target. That was my theory which was why I reset to default values, but nothing changed.

I wasnt sure what the proper settings should be in the Advanced Menu as user: Riven suggested. He thought the compressor delay of my unit could be set improperly (to low), turning off HVAC early. I would have no clue what these value should be and thought (maybe stupidly) that default values were best practice values.

Default values will typically be safe. You will want to adjust them per your requirements.

Default value for a compressor delay will be 5 minutes.

It may be beneficial to learn in the device again and follow the setup procedure in your Alarm.com account, verify that you are selecting the proper fuel according to your HVAC, selecting the correct wire configuration, etc., if you cannot yet access advanced settings.

Update: I was working with SafeGuard to help change my Installer menu settings to the following:
Heat Type: Fossil (gas,oil)
HVAC Type: Normal
Heat Pump Stages: 1
Cool Stages: 1
Configurable Terminal: None

and had no success, so I then changed my Swing and Overshoot values to the following:
Swing: 2
Overshoot: 1

and once again had no success so then I turned off Schedule mode and … you guessed it no success my heat still goes on/off with 30 seconds rest between. Now it appears its happening 4X in a row instead of 3X since I’ve made the last changes.

I think I’ll try to remove them from my control panel and re-add and see what happens.

Do you still have the previous CT100 thermostats? If so, can you swap out the thermostats and verify that the HVAC performs differently with the CT100s installed at the current time? You definitely want to rule out the behavior being caused by another aspect of the system.

Update: I was working with SafeGuard to help change my Installer menu settings

you may want to adjust the advanced settings.