About to pull trigger on setup for new home - does everything look ok?

Home currently has an old Honeywell Lynx panel and 5800 window/door sensors. I was going to upgrade to:

Qplsys IQ Panel 4
VDB770 doorbell cam
Qolsys IQ Motion-S motion sensors (3)
ADC V724 outdoor cameras (2)
ADC T40k-HD touch thermostat (haven’t seen any info on this??)
extra VERSA GE sensors to add to the current 5800s

Will all these work together cleanly in the surety/adc app and with eachother? Anything I’m overlooking? Will I need the secure smart wifi gateway even if I have good 500up/500down wifi? Will I need any 319.5 signal extenders or anything to reach the window/door sensors of my detached garage appx 25ft from the house?

Thanks

Re: the wifi gateway. There’s no way to know if you need it until you try connecting everything to your current setup. It’s generally not an internet speed issue that causes problems. Sometimes the cameras have trouble with mesh wifi networks.

Chances are it’ll be fine, especially if your wifi isn’t mesh. My network is mesh and I still don’t have any problems.

If you experience problems (loss of camera connection, etc), you can first try splitting your network into two SSIDs: one for 5Ghz bands and one for 2.4Ghz bands. Then connecting all your security devices to the 2.4Ghz one. If that doesn’t work, or if your network doesn’t support doing that, then it’ll be time to consider the wifi gateway.

How cold does it get where you live? Those sensors work like trash in cold weather.

“those sensors” = the 5800s? Or the versa GE’s? Regardless I’m in SoCal so not particularly cold.

Also as far as Surety goes I’m not quite clear on the difference between the Surety Alarm plan and the Surety Home plan? What am I getting extra with Home?

Both, but being in California it doesn’t matter.

So, to clarify, are you intending to use the existing 5800 sensors? Those are 345Mhz sensors and they will not work with the 319.5Mhz version of the IQ Panel.

I would instead recommend going with the 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 here, then use PowerG for the additional sensors you plan to add.

A benefit of this is that PowerG has about 4 times the range, so you’ll likely have no range concerns.

Our plans and the included features are described here:

Home includes the automation features shown on the plans page (added below). Alarm does not.

However, neither would support all the devices you mention. With the cameras you plan to add you will instead need the Complete plan. This would support the cameras and the thermostat automation. Our service is month to month and you can change your plan at any time in our system manager tool after you activate service.

Ah got it, thanks.

One other questions - if I integrate a smart lock with this setup does it need to be z wave plus? Or is regular z wave fine?

Stick with lock models found on the Alarm.com supported device page here for the best compatibility.