600-1053-LTE-VZ module setup and service

I’ve installed a 600-1053-LTE-VZ module on my Concord 4 system. Before ordering service, I’d like to make sure I’ve got all bases covered…

I checked the module IMEI number and its unregistered.

I set the Access Code Lock option to Off as instructed in the directions that came with the module. Are there any other changes that need to be made to the panel?

I checked the signal strength where the module is located and consistently get an RSSI of around -95dbm. Although this should be more than adequate for successful communication I’d prefer an external antenna. Based on what I’ve observed of the antennas provided with the module it appears to be MIMO configuration. Any recommendations on a high gain external antenna?

This module is dual path and I’ve wired it to my router. Is dual path service actually available with SuretyDIY?

I set the Access Code Lock option to Off as instructed in the directions that came with the module. Are there any other changes that need to be made to the panel?

Yes it needs to be set to off in order to properly communicate with Alarm.com. Do you currently have your Installer and/or Master user code?

I checked the signal strength where the module is located and consistently get an RSSI of around -95dbm. Although this should be more than adequate for successful communication I’d prefer an external antenna.

There is not an external antenna specific to the Alarm.com module, nor is there a third party one that I could recommend.

You will want to locate cellular module based location with the best cellular signal (while observing cable run distance limitations) prior to connecting the module to the panel. From the manual:

• Check the signal strength before choosing a location. Perform a walking signal strength test by powering
    the module off the battery directly (connect the GND and +12V terminals). After two minutes, LTE
    status LED L4 flashes between one and five times to indicate the LTE signal strength level (where 5 is
    the strongest signal). Alarm.com recommends a signal level of two or higher for proper operation of
    the LTE Module.

• Avoid mounting the module in areas with excessive metal or electrical wiring, such as furnace or utility
    rooms.

• Locate the module near an outside wall, preferably on an upper level.

• Do not mount the module gateway inside of the panel’s metal box. Doing so negatively impacts Z-Wave
    performance.

This module is dual path and I’ve wired it to my router. Is dual path service actually available with SuretyDIY?

While communication through Alarm.com is served primarily through cellular, dual path is available, provided module is capable.

I checked the module IMEI number and its unregistered.

If the module is unregistered, that means that it is eligible for service through suretyDIY! you can find the steps to obtain service through suretyDIY with a Concord 4 here.

Service can be found here and can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 central station monitoring. Keep in mind, if utilizing remote commands of Z-wave devices, the Gold Automation add on would be required.

I’ve connected my Concord 4 panel using the 600-1053-LTE-VZ module and can successfully use all the functions via the website and app. The instructions I received in the last email made it very easy. Thank you.

I am getting two indications on the website and app that are not showing up on the system. First is “Panel Phone Line Failure” and the second is “Basement Hallway Motion ACTIVATED”.

I checked the panel settings and there’s no CS phone numbers… they’re all blank.

The basement Hallway Motion detector is not showing up as activated or in alarm state at the keypad nor is there a protest if I set the system to away.

Any assistance on these would. Be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Larry

Happy to help!

The steps to clear the “Phone Line Failure” error can be found below:

Press [8].
Enter the installer code.
Press [00] to enter System Programming.
Go to the Phone-CS Phone Numbers (shortcuts = [01000], [01010], [01020]), then press D (quick exit) to delete.
Go to the Security-Partition-Account Numbers (shortcuts = [0010] to [0060]): This should be 00000.
Go to Phone Options-Partition-Line Fail Delay (shortcut = [0213]), then press D (quick exit) to delete.
Locally power-cycle the panel to sync these updated settings with Alarm.com.
Verify the Phone Line Failure is cleared.

Regarding the motion detector, “Activated” as a status in Alarm.com means that activity has been registered on that Motion Detector in the last hour.

Given the way that motion detectors operate, real time status is not useful, so a delay is added to show that activity has occurred. This does not affect how the detector functions locally regarding activating and alarms.

Instructions worked perfectly. Phone Line Failure gone. Motion detector still shows activated but since its not impacting anything I’m going to ignore it. Many thanks again!