51 Repeater

Can you tell me on my river panel what (51) Repeater is…

Sorry for all the questions but I have been updating my panel config from an install many years ago.

No worries, thats why were here! Records indicate this may be a keyfob.

Thanks so what is the (51) repeater sensor?

Based on programming information that I have access to, the device labelled Repeater may in fact be a key fob. The number 51 would be the Device Id or Zone ID.

At the panel, navigate to System Settings -> Enter Installer Code -> Installer Toolbox -> System config -> Keyfob, does that screen show a Keyfob labelled “Repeater?”

Ok I went to the kefob section. The first 2 are labeled 1 and 2 respectively and the next 6 are labeled “Keyfob” 3 through 8 respectively, none are named repeater…

Zone 51 is definitely a keyfob. The GC2 starts Keyfob reports on zone 51, that would be your first keyfob programmed. Wired contacts inside the terminal block are 49 and 50.

The device was likely named within the Alarm.com website. You can find this under Settings - Devices - Devices.

Do you have a repeater on site and may have accidentally mislabeled that zone in ADC? A sensor repeater wouldn’t generally have a zone listed, depending on the model.

So what are these two…were they not takeover module devices?

No, Wired Zone 1 and 2 represent the two hardwired inputs on the terminal block of the 2GIG Panel (where the power is connected, etc.).

These are labeled HW1 and HW2. if you do not have hardwired zones wired into the internal terminal block, those zones would be unused.

I just did not realize those two were hard wired, I thought they all went to the takeover…I’m learning, but the company that did this system really made a mess of things…so I have a wireless and wired zone for both the front door and den window…they are working fine, but I guess I will remove the wireless so they dont cross up…

Wait so how do those wired zones show up on alarm.com…if I have a wired and wireless set up on each, would I have duplicates for each zone in Alarm…com

1. ok I have figured out the takeover wired and wireless issue, but I still cant find where the key fob is listed. You say it starts at 51, however I must be misunderstanding because the zones only go from 1-48 and 63-64, and under Q3 they only go from 1-8.

2. I had a Jasco switch that went bad and I replaced node 55. I was unable to remove it from the panel. Are you able to do that for me?

thanks

Wait so how do those wired zones show up on alarm.com…if I have a wired and wireless set up on each, would I have duplicates for each zone in Alarm..com

If you have a wired zone and a wireless one they would be two separate zones in ADC, as that is how they are programmed at the panel.

It looks like you have deleted zone 50 (a wired window) do you also have a wireless sensor on that window?

ok I have figured out the takeover wired and wireless issue, but I still cant find where the key fob is listed. You say it starts at 51, however I must be misunderstanding because the zones only go from 1-48 and 63-64, and under Q3 they only go from 1-8.

Yes, on ADC zone 51 reported from the panel will equal Keyfob 1 in programming under Q3.

I had a Jasco switch that went bad and I replaced node 55. I was unable to remove it from the panel. Are you able to do that for me?

Certainly, I have sent that command to delete the node, though keep in mind it will only be successful if the node is not powered and cannot communicate with the panel.

Thanks for your patience. I didnt realize zone one in Q3 = 51 on ADC…Its finally gone!

Can you please try sending the command to remove node 55, it’s still there…thanks

Commands have been sent to remove node 55, keep in mind that remote commands to remove Z-Wave devices will only succeed if the node is not currently powered and cannot communicate with the panel.