2GIGS MKT3-345 Alarm Fault

One of my smoke alarms (purchased new from you with a mfr. date of 2017) is showing a yellow fault light and chirping. It has brand new batteries (replaced yesterday). I cleaned it with a dry cloth and blew it out with air. The fault remains. Is there anything else I can do, or has the unit failed and will need to be replaced?

When changing the battery, the old batteries need to be removed, then you will need to wait 20-30 seconds before replacing with new batteries. Was this done?

• If not, go ahead and remove the new batteries, wait 30 seconds, then replace.
  • Make sure the batteries are brand new AAA E92 or equivalent and within their printed date code.

Does this resolve the issue?

If not, how many seconds in between each flash?

• Every four is a general fault
  • Every 8 is a dirty sensing chamber
  • Every 12 is a low battery

Thanks for the response, Tyler. Yes, I installed new batteries after a 30+ second delay. I didn’t know about the different flash cycles, so this info is helpful. It’s flashing every 8 seconds so it evidently is dirty.

I already blew it off with air (which I gleaned from another post) and that did not resolve the issue. Any other suggestions for cleaning?

Thanks!

I would try compressed air one more time if it is indicating a dirty element.

From the manual regarding cleaning:

To clean the alarm, remove it from the mounting base. You can
clean the interior using compressed air or a vacuum cleaner. Blow or vacuum through the openings around the perimeter of the alarm. The outside of the alarm can be wiped with a damp cloth. After cleaning, test the alarm by pushing the Test button. If cleaning does not restore the alarm to normal operation you need to replace the alarm.

Thx so much - I’ll give it try.

I tried cleaning with a rag and compressed air again. No luck. As you might imagine, it’s quite disappointing that the unit failed after just a bit over 4 years. (The label says it’s due for replacement in 2027). Anyway, I obviously need a new one and I could use some help. I did not install the system originally so I have no idea what I’m doing.

1. Looking at the product page of your website, it looks like the
    2GIG-SMKT8-345 is the proper replacement. Is this correct?

2. My alarm panel continues to produce an audible alert telling me about this fault. How do I deactivate this alert until I can install the new alarm?

3. In your post you referenced the manual. I do not have one, so how can I get one?

Thank you for your help.

Looking at the product page of your website, it looks like the
2GIG-SMKT8-345 is the proper replacement. Is this correct?

Yes, the SMKT8 is the replacement.

My alarm panel continues to produce an audible alert telling me about this fault. How do I deactivate this alert until I can install the new alarm?

You can remove the sensor from programming by following the instructions here.

In your post you referenced the manual. I do not have one, so how can I get one?

You can download the manual for the SMKT3 here.

Thank you very much for your help.