2GIG wired combo alarm / strobe light

Hi,
I am looking for a wired combo alarm / strobe light that will work with the 2GIG control panel and that won’t exceed the current draw. Do you know of any products that will do the job?

Thanks.

I know of a zwave 100db siren/strobe. Why do you need wired? You can only install 1 wired siren/strobe, but you can install 240 of the zwave siren/strobes.

They run $34, and you can get them at lowes in the iris aisle. Utilitech (rebranded Everspring) . The batteries (4 x C) last for years. Installed mine 2012, and still original batteries. There is also an optional power adapter (but not included).

Video to follow…

I would second Riven’s suggestion if indoor.

For outdoor zwave siren/strobe there is the 105db Fortrezz SSA3US ( approx $64- $79)

Now there is also the wired indoor/outdoor 105db Doberman piezo with strobe, but the power draw is 180mA @12v

Hi,
the reason I was thinking of going wired is because all of the z-wave combo alarm / strobe I saw have such a short power cable (5’) where as with a wired solution I can run a long wire.

Thanks.

Utilitech/Everspring 100db siren/strobe doesn’t use a power cable. All wireless, and battery operated

Hi,
I know z-wave is wireless but the one I saw have battery backup but run on AC adapter for power.

Thanks.

Don’t know what you are seeing, but do you see any wires or power cables on the Everspring/Utiltech 100db siren/strobe in the video above? There are none.

Great, than that’s what I need.

Thanks.

For an outdoor siren/strobe, would you recommend going with ZWave or wired? It will be placed on an exterior wall of the garage, so I can run power and/or wire back to the panel.

Does anyone have experience with the Fortrezz SSA03? Is the strobe fairly bright and noticible?

Thanks!
-David

It looks like the SSA03 can either be operated via ZWave or hardwired…any recommendations for one over the other?

I can only speak to the SSA2. The light isn’t what I’d call blinding but its definitely bright. The siren is loud and piercing. The SSA2 is rated at 110db@1m while the SSA3 is rated at 105db@1m

As for the Zwave functionality:

The SSA3 works with a traditional wired trigger from a security control panel or as a wireless Z-WaveTM enabled alarm device and will sound a loud siren and flash a strobe light when an alarm message or alert is received on the Z-WaveTM network. The SSA3 will also sound the siren based on a home security panel trigger (when wired to the panel). The SSA3 will wirelessly activate (or deactivate) the siren and/or the strobe light, if it is included in a Z-WaveTM network

Also, according to their documentation regarding outdoor use:

*Outdoor Use The SSA3 is not recommended for direct exposure to harsh elements such as rain, snow, and sun.

Thank you, Tyler!