2GIG TS1 will not power up after failed firmware update

I was attempting to to update the 2GIG-TS1 using the firmware update cable but the firmware update failed and the 2GIG-TS1 will not power up. The home button flashes red for a few seconds and then stays lit green. I attempted to run the firmware update again and keep getting error invalid resource table detected. So at this point, is it bricked or is there a way to get it to power up.

Can you verify the firmware version you were attempting to add? Each version will have two files, one for the control panel (CP) and one for the secondary keypads (TS1).

You can try a default, but I’m not sure it will have an effect in this circumstance:

Press and hold the two face buttons of the TS1 for 15-20 seconds. Does it reboot?

When I press and hold the two face buttons of the TS1 for 15-20 seconds, the 2GIG-TS1 appear to reboot and goes back to flashing red light.
The firmware version I was trying to upgrade to is PRODUCTION_14027_V1.16_en-US

Are you creating a shortcut for the file and adjusting the target line based on the PC com port used?

All of these steps would need to be done on the TS1 with the file beginning “rflashd_ts1”

I created the shortcut and followed the steps. I have two 2GIG-TS1 units and the second one upgraded fine. The one that failed started out Ok but halted in while in the process of updating.

Ah, alright, if that is the case and the TS1 firmware was used the most likely thing that occurred was either interruption of power during the update, or the update cable’s pins moved or loosened during the update.

If additional attempts to flash firmware and a default procedure do not work, it is unfortunately likely beyond repair. Just one last thing to verify, you have powered down the TS1 completely before attempting a new update, correct?

The TS1 cable needs to remain completely still during the update so it is advised to never physically hold it, but prop it accordingly with a firm connection and then not move the cable at all during the update.

That is correct, I powered down the unit several times and attempted too run the firmware update again. The cable’s pins are not designed well enough and you have to hold the cable firmly for the whole duration.

Typically propping the cable so the pins are leaning against and always touching the metal of the pin holes is best, but I understand, and it is something the manufacturer addressed with more recent versions.

Newer TS1s have firmware connection pins on the underside of the board, so the extender is not needed.

Hi guys. I previously downloaded firmware version 17.0.3 and flashed my GC2 panels. I just purchased a TS1 and it’s running version V.16.

There is no flash file beginning with “rflashd_ts1” included in the zip file. Only “cp”.

Where do I get the 1.17 TS1 firmware?

I’ve looked around, and found comments (not from you) suggesting that a TS1 V1.16 is required for a GC2 running 1.17.

I’ve looked around, and found comments (not from you) suggesting that a TS1 V1.16 is required for a GC2 running 1.17.

You can find a similar thread here.

Yep, the TS1 does not have a corresponding 1.17 version. 1.16 is the version for TS1s which is required for both 1.17 and 1.19 main panel versions.

Bueno. Thanks for the pointer Jason, and have a good 4th.

I just had the same situation last night. Did anybody find a fix? I didn’t touch the cord at all! Now it says unable to flash. Mine won’t evem reboot.

Unfortunately there would be no resolution if a firmware update bricked the TS1. If the correct TS1 firmware was used (not the Control Panel Firmware) the most likely thing that occurred was either interruption of power during the update (check the TS1 power terminals where the wires are screwed down, and the power supply terminals), or the update cable’s pins moved or loosened during the update.

If additional attempts to flash firmware and a default procedure do not work, it is unfortunately likely beyond repair.