2GIG system retrofit

Hi, I found your site on Alarm.com. I have an older Ademco? hardwired system that is monitored with one of the larger alarm companies.

The current setup is:

2 panels
14 door/window sensors split over 6 zones
1 motion detector
Indoor Siren
Outdoor Bell
Analog modem

I would like to upgrade to a newer system with the following options.

2 new panels
cellular communication
Use existing hardwired sensors
Add smoke detector
Use both indoor siren and outdoor bell
Mobile app to arm/disarm remotely.
Perform self install.

Would you be able to recommend a setup for me and provide pricing on monitoring and cell service.

Thanks

Happy to assist!

2 new panels

If looking at 2GIG specifically, you could utilize the 2GIG Go!Control as the main panel with the TS1 as the secondary panel. Alternatively you can utilize the 2GIG GC3 panel with either the SP1 or SP2 as the secondary panel.

cellular communication
Cellular communication is required when utilizing service through Alarm.com.

We offer the 3G AT&T module as well as the 4G LTE Verizon Module for the Go!Control Panel.

For the 2GIG GC3 panel there is the 3G AT&T cell sled or the 4G LTE Verizon sled.

You may want to use this Coverage Check Tool to determine the best machine to machine coverage at your location.

Use existing hardwired sensors

Either the 2GIG Go!Control or the 2GIG GC3 can utilize the 2GIG-TAKE-345 takeover switch for use with hardwired zones. Each unit converts up to 8 zones but more can be utilized if necessary.

Add smoke detector

The 2GIG-SMKT3-345 Smoke detector is compatible with either panel. The SMKT3 offers Smoke, High Heat and Freeze detection.

Use both indoor siren and outdoor bell

Would you be looking to utilize the existing Siren and Bell, what model would you be looking to utilize? Note that the panels only support low current piezo sirens.

Mobile app to arm/disarm remotely.

This would be accomplished via the Alarm.com mobile app.

Service through suretyDIY can be found here. It can be purchased with, or without 24/7 Central Station monitoring. Pricing, Add ons and features can be found via the previous link. If utilizing remote control of Z-Wave devices, the Gold Automation add on would be required.