2Gig Smoke Ring - Fire Alarm - Can't Turn off GC3 Panel Alarm

I have a 2Gig Smoke Ring wired in to my ac wired smoke detector system with a 2Gig GC3 Panel.

11/20, 7.56pm the Smoke Ring triggered the alarm panel with a false alarm (my son had a hot shower that triggered the smoke alarm).

Central Station called; alerted as false alarm. My wife thinks she entered the code in the panel but was in a panic and can’t remember clearly.

I arrived 5 min later. The Panel was not calling for a code or alerting as to a message. The Panel Integrated Siren and hard wired Bell REFUSED to stop alarming.

There was no visible message on screen to acknowledge, etc. The RED ALERT Round Button to the right of the LCD was blinking RED.

I had to pull the power, panel battery, and zone battery (to kill the siren).

Can you advise as to how to turn off / acknowledge the panel alarm to turn it off without having to pull power?

Is this a FW error?

Thanks in advance.

2gig gc3 #smokering

Looking in your history I see the fire alarm and your panel reports a successful disarm about 30 seconds later. The smoke detector zone shows as being reset then, so there should be no siren from the panel after that point unless additional alarm signals occurred. I am not seeing any. The panel itself should be making no noise at that point.

Just to be 100% clear, this would not stop the AC smoke detectors themselves from sounding. If the interconnected smoke circuit was still tripped they would continue, but the panel would stop.

Can you confirm 100% that the panel was the part making the noise?

Hi - thanks for your reply.

Confirmed. My wife entered the disarm code. The panel remained in an alarm state, ringing the panel bell and the hardwired bell.

The smokes were not ringing. To be sure, the first thing I did was pull the 2Gig smoke ring off the red traveler wire that feeds the smoke connection. The Panel remained in a siren state.

Also to confirm - looking at the panel, the home screen was up with no messages flashing. Only the lower red LED button on the face of the panel was illuminated.

1 more variable - not sure this is a factor. I have a partition for a safe. The partition was unarmed and I don’t think it was involved in this issue.

Thoughts?

PLaning to reconnect power to the 2Gig but planning to leave the smoke ring disconnected for now.

Thanks.

1 more variable - not sure this is a factor. I have a partition for a safe. The partition was unarmed and I don’t think it was involved in this issue.

Ah, that is the issue, thank you for pointing that out. Fire is a global alarm. If you disarm partition 1, the alarm would still be active and sounding for other partitions.

At the time in history the System partition was disarmed, the Safe partition was not. I can see your Safe partition does still report being in Alarm status. If you login to the Alarm.com website, check the alerts at the top.

Given that, if I were to power up the system again, should I expect that the alarm will go off again?

Thoughts on how to clear the alarm / acknowledge it, so that when I power the panel the alarm doesn’t go off again?

Can I do this via the App, or Alarm.com? Or, in the alternative if clearing via App is not possible, can you provide me with a refresh on how to navigate to where I need to clear the alarm from the Panel? I rarely use the partition feature and need a refresh.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I logged in to Alarm.com via their website and I see the following. I assume I should select “Clear Alarms” Want to be sure I get this right!

Thanks for your guidance.

Yeah, the panel will boot into an alarm state. You would not be able to disable that until the panel is powered.

Your panel would need to be communicating for the clear alarms button to work as intended.

Got it - thanks, Jason