2GIG Recessed Sensor Not Chiming or Creating Alarm

I recently installed a new 2GIG GC3e panel and migrated from a Vivint system. I used the Sky Control panel with them and was so ready to get out of that dreadful 5 year contract with astronomical monthly rates. Now that I’m contract free, I’ve setup everything I need with Surety. I programmed all of my old Vivint equipment into the new panel (except the proprietary thermostat and doorbell cam) and activated my Surety account.

The only problem I’m having now is that one of my 2GIG recessed door sensors is not functioning consistently. It works fine when I do the walk around test. I’ve unprogrammed it multiple times but still no luck. I have two others and they’re acting properly. Had no issues with this sensor on the Vivint system either. It will chime and show green on the walk around test but will not chime or cause alarm when opened. Any help?!?! Thanks!

The sensors used with the Sky Panel new installs are not the same as standard 2GIG sensors.

For example, the normal 345Mhz Thin Door/Window is the DW10.

The Sky Panel version is the DW11, and we have reports from many users that the models ending in 1 instead of 0 do not function properly on the normal 2GIG Panel.

What is the model number on the sticker of that recessed sensor?

What loop number did you select in programming?

Just took a look. It’s a 2GIG-DW20R-345. I used the default loop which is Loop 1 on the recessed sensors like this one. I used Loop 2 on the other thin window/door sensors you’re referring to which was the default for those. Haven’t noticed any issues other than this one sensor, even those that are just like it on two others doors, which is what makes this so odd. Also strange because in test mode it responds properly but no chime or alarm.

What is the zone number or the name of the sensor that is not working properly? I’ll take a look and compare the programming in Alarm.com.

Loop 1 is correct for DW20R
Loop 2 is correct for the DW10 built-in reed switch.

Should just be Back Door. If you can’t find it with that just let me know and I’ll go back and get the specific zone #.

The main difference between that door and the other two is that you have the Back door set for partition 2. (“Smart Areas” on the GC3)

It would not set off an alarm if only partition 1 is armed.

Just to verify, did you intend to set up multiple partitions?

I did just to kind of separate into different sections of the house. Not a necessity at all though. That’s a good point. I could go back and try to set them all to the same smart area and see if that makes a difference. Come to think of it, I’ve only opened and closed doors that are in Smart Area 1 with the exception of that one other than testing. That may be it.

Alright, let me know if you see this continue despite accounting for the partition differences!

That did it! It appears to be working correctly now. I’ve changed all sensors back to Smart Area 1. Thanks for the quick help!

Happy to help!