2GIG Panel Swap Issues

Wow, that was a lot of work!

the panel does not have the word Emergency spelled below the button, but it shows on the screen after pressing the emergency button…is that what you mean?

I still have a few issues, some of the zwave devices do not appear on Alarm.com, but they do show up on the panel. How should I update them?

The word “null” shows under the weather is that normal?

On Alarm.com I have 2 alerts

Smoke Malfunction. I entered first with the wrong number, but after correcting it…it still shows as an error
The garage sensor is showing a low battery error, but even after replacing it, it shows the message

How can I get rid of them?

Thanks

Happy to assist!

the panel does not have the word Emergency spelled below the button, but it shows on the screen after pressing the emergency button…is that what you mean?

If the main panel has the word “Emergency” physically printed underneath the button, it denotes that the panel is an older Go!Control model and would not be compatible with the panel swap process.

I still have a few issues, some of the zwave devices do not appear on Alarm.com, but they do show up on the panel. How should I update them?
Commands have been run to update your list, are you still missing these devices? Did you run a Network Rediscovery after adding the zwave devices to their install points? If not you will want to run a network rediscovery to map out the best communication route for your z-wave network.
The word “null” shows under the weather is that normal?
This will happen after a panel swap as the new panel has not received a weather update for the day. Weather commands have been resent, do you see this reflected at the panel?
Smoke Malfunction. I entered first with the wrong number, but after correcting it…it still shows as an error
The malfunction still has not cleared and no device information can be pulled from the panel for this smoke. You will want to delete that device from the panel and re learn it in. Does this fix the issue?
The garage sensor is showing a low battery error, but even after replacing it, it shows the message
This appears to be resolved, can you confirm?
Commands have been run to update your list, are you still missing these devices? Did you run a Network Rediscovery after adding the zwave devices to their install points? If not you will want to run a network rediscovery to map out the best communication route for your z-wave network.
Yes, they all show up now. I usually run multiple network discoveries....now with the visual feedback on the GC3, I will do it until there are no missed devices. This will happen after a panel swap as the new panel has not received a weather update for the day. Weather commands have been resent, do you see this reflected at the panel? The weather for the week shows....but "null" is still there
The malfunction still has not cleared and no device information can be pulled from the panel for this smoke. You will want to delete that device from the panel and re learn it in. Does this fix the issue?
Adding and removing it fixed it
Yes, fixed

New issues:

1. Can you configure my Solar Meter as an energy producing meter on ADC?
  2. On the GC2 it was possible to see real time energy usage, I can not find the same info on the GC3…is it there?

Thanks

Yes, they all show up now. I usually run multiple network discoveries…now with the visual feedback on the GC3, I will do it until there are no missed devices.

This will happen after a panel swap as the new panel has not received a weather update for the day. Weather commands have been resent, do you see this reflected at the panel?

The weather for the week shows…but “null” is still there

Adding and removing it fixed it

Yes, fixed

New issues:

1. Can you configure my Solar Meter as an energy producing meter on ADC?
  2. On the GC2 it was possible to see real time energy usage, I can not find the same info on the GC3…is it there?

Thanks

The weather for the week shows….but “null” is still there
Commands have been sent to clear this up, location should show soon.
New issues: 1) Can you configure my Solar Meter as an energy producing meter on ADC? 2) On the GC2 it was possible to see real time energy usage, I can not find the same info on the GC3…is it there? Thanks

The Solar Meter has been configured as a generator.

At the current time real time energy usage information does not populate on the GC3. Will update here as more information becomes available.

The Solar Meter has been configured as a generator.

I see it connected…but is not showing any information on the Solar tab (it had information before it was configured as a solar generator)

in the “Power Use Now” tab the Solar Meter is showing readings. I know that aggregate info sometimes takes longer but I don’t recall being it that long

Thanks

in the “Power Use Now” tab the Solar Meter is showing readings. I know that aggregate info sometimes takes longer but I don’t recall being it that long

I believe this is the case, however we are checking with ADC to see if there are any differences in operation with the GC3 vs GC2. If it does not show in 24 hours, there is likely a separate issue.

Can you currently pull accurate wattage with Power Use Now?

Thanks,

I can see real time wattage for the Solar Meter

The solar meter does not show historic information on the solar panel or usage panel.

This is interesting: the solar meter shows historic information on the alarm.com IOS app under Energy

I don’t upload green button data, what will happen if I do? can I compare Green Button Data with the measurements? or the consumption will be affected by the green button data?

thanks

Any update? Do you see activity for the solar meter?

I don’t upload green button data, what will happen if I do? can I compare Green Button Data with the measurements? or the consumption will be affected by the green button data?

Green Button is usage data from your electricity provider. It is available through Alarm.com via XML file if your electricity provider supports it. It doesn’t affect ADC metered settings in any way.

I still don’t see the solar activity on the solar meter on Alarm.com. The meter is working and sending real time and aggregate information (I can confirm this b/c the IOS app shows the values for that meter)

Thanks,

Ok, so the App readings appear accurate they are just not showing up on the website? We will send this to ADC to resolve. That would almost certainly be a back-end troubleshoot.

That is correct, attaching screenshots for reference:

Thanks for the follow up. Yes, if you see kwh data in the app, then it is clearly being captured and sent. I would assume this needs to be addressed in a site update. Those occur fairly regularly so hopefully we’ll get an eta soon.

If we hear otherwise or other troubleshooting options in the meantime we will post here. It looks pretty cut and dry in this scenario though.

Still not working…

Any recent ADC updates?

Thanks

No, this has not been updated yet, but I am checking into it now to see if there is an ETA. We will update here with any additional information.

There were no additional available updates for this currently. We will follow up on Friday after some local testing to see if we can recreate.

After 2 months…any news from ADC? are they even looking at the problem? I checked and still does not work.

They are still working on this with an existing ticket. I don’t see any additional details on the ticket. I’m prodding for an update or possible ETA currently.

I am told this is still an active investigation but they unfortunately do not have any more details quite yet. There has been work on the ticket on the ADC end. I have scheduled a weekly follow up from ADC if we do not have resolution or update sooner.