2gig panel shows 0/31 signal strength

I had to take down my 2gig control panel and reset the power after trying to reset the system, my radio status shows a strength of 0/31. I reconnected the cell phone module and made sure all connections were tight. I did a hard reset of the system and I am still not getting signal strength to communicate with central monitoring.

Here is a screen shot if it helps at all

Can you try the steps in the video below? We are seeing very low signalling for a few days in the history.

I followed the instructions in the video and my signal strength is still 0/31.

When the panel came off the wall initially, I noticed that the cell phone antenna had come off. However I did make sure it was replaced secure before the reset and all of these steps were performed.

Can you try powering down the panel for 3-5 minutes, leaving it powered down completely. Then power back up, wait five minutes, then run a cell test.

Powering the panel down for an extended period will force the module to re-register upon connecting.

We are checking with Alarm.com to see if there are outages or carrier tower issues in the area.

When powering down and unplugging the battery, check to make sure both the antenna and the module’s antenna connector are firmly connected. The antenna plug on the module board has soldered connections which can break if pulled too hard, make sure these have not come loose.

I made sure the antennas are firmly connected and powered the system down as you suggested. I am still getting 0/31 signal strength and a failed cellphone test.

Hmm, there are no issues we can find in the area, so this looks to be system specific.

Have you moved the panel to a different location in the home?

Any other system changes or additions in the last week?

Do you have a cellular network extender at your location? Those can cause signaling problems.

I haven’t moved to panel but the panel did come off of its backing because it wasn’t secured properly. It didn’t fall or cause damage however the cellular antenna did come loose and it was reattached and secure. There is not a cellular extender. There have been no other changes to the system.

Ah, when did the panel come loose off of the back-plate?

That would lead me to a physical issue, probably with the antenna if it was snagged.

The antenna’s plug, if yanked with a bit of force (like from the panel falling forward off the back-plate) can be severed internally from the stranded wiring inside the black cable sheath. If this happened, it would explain the current circumstances. If you have an alternate antenna I would give that a try, as it is likely the best next troubleshooting step if everything otherwise looks physically correct.

Just to follow up I ordered a new antenna and that corrected the problem. The old one did not look damaged but apparently it was. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear it was resolved!