2Gig Panel not connected via cell

Hi,

So my panel stopped connecting a little while ago and I only just got the chance to run a cell test. That fails, though I am seeing 18/31 signal strength and it says trying to register… I did lose power to a couple of circuits so I powered everything back on and no luck?

The error is not registered.

Thanks,
Justin

Nevermind, I updated a sensor to turn off the response and when it rebooted it appears to be working now.

Nevermind, I updated a sensor to turn off the response and when it rebooted it appears to be working now.

Can you run a cell test from the panel so that we can check the signal and verify?

Hmmm the reboot just removed the error, but I am still failing the cell test. I can’t register… its says the radio modem timed out…

We’ve spoken with ADC and they have had the carrier send a reset command to the module. When you are able, try fully powering down the panel, unplug the AC transformer, then unplug the battery. Ensure the panel is off. Wait 3 full minutes. Then plug in the battery followed by the transformer.

After a few minutes, try running a cell phone test, any luck?

No luck, I tried it twice and it still can’t register.

Next, try powering down the panel, ac transformer first, then battery. Verify panel is fully powered off, then remove the cell module carefully. Reinstall the module on the board and reattach the two screws. Make sure the antenna is firmly connected to the port.

Allow the panel to remain powered off for at least three minutes, then power up, battery first, then transformer.

Wait a few minutes and run a cell test. Any luck?

Thanks Jason, I will have to try this next time I am there and I will let you know.

I tried what you said and still no luck, I can see it has signal and that is it.

it does say trying to register for the status

It sounds like then that this module is malfunctioning, possibly damaged due to power fluctuations.

One more thing to try would be the steps in this video.

If the above does not work I believe that you will need to replace the module. This would be a direct replacement. Once you have the new module, let us know the module number by secure message and that you are ready to make the swap and we will associate the new module to your account.

No luck Jason, any big difference between this and the verizon LTE?

Those would be two separate carrier networks. LTE will likely be supported longer.

You would want to check the coverage tool to verify that coverage is available for Verizon.

Note that 1.17 firmware or later would be required for the LTE module to function.

thanks, any reason why AT&T would come up as error with my address?

“Error” would just mean the AT&T coverage map couldn’t be accessed at the time and timed-out.

So I installed a new Verizon LTE module and its not showing up in the control panel to do a cell phone test? I took it out and reinstalled it… but still no cell phone test shows up.

Did you update your panel to 1.17 or later firmware per above? What is the current firmware version of your panel?

This video shows where to find the firmware version listed.

Doh sorry, that is it, I thought I was on the latest.

No problem, yep the panel will not recognize the module and be able to communicate through it until the required firmware version is used.

This video shows the steps for updating the firmware on the 2GIG panel with the firmware update cable.