2GIG Motion Sensor not working.

I currently only have one motion sensor in the house. The rest are in transit but the one that came with my system seems to be having some problems detection any motion/activity.

I’ve tried it in the day and the night, in different rooms and with different size people.

The only time it does anything is if I take the back off and the tamper alarm sounds or when testing the system if I move one of the jumpers for sensitivity it will say it detected movement. But then nothing again after I place it back on the wall.

Any ideas?

How are you testing the motion detector?

Battery operated motion detectors require a period of inactivity to reset and register the background heat signature of the space they are covering. If continuous motion occurs in the space, you will have trouble setting one off when expected.

It is best to arm your system Away (make sure Auto-Stay is not enabled in programming, or open an entry exit point during the countdown) and wait out of sight of the motion detector for at least three full minutes. Then walk in front of the motion detector’s field of view.

Likewise, when starting a sensor test at the panel, give the motion detector at minimum three minutes of inactivity in the room it covers, then walk into its view.

verify proper install:
Set sensitivity jumper to “high”, adjust pet immunity jumper as needed
The first 5 feet or so in front of motion is a blind spot, do not install over stairs. verify PIR is installed at 7 1/2 feet. Do not mount so PIR is facing heating vents, windows, or near bathrooms.

check programming, verify loop 1
Hit logo, bottom right screen corner
Enter Installer code
system config

(04) Interior follower
(2) motion
(0869) pir, or (9999) Image Sensor
Down arrow
serial
(0) new
Loop (1) 1
Dialer delay (0) disabled
voice descriptor
Reports (1)enabled
Supervised (1)enabled
Chime (00)disabled
Skip
End
Exit

Test PIR

Got it. Thanks

I would like to add a motion detector in the garage. Is that something that will set the alarm off when we enter the garage when we come home from work or will that still allow me time to deactivate the system before sounding and reporting?

If the *attached garage has an entry exit sensor, set motion as (04) interior follower, if no sensor, set for delay (10)

*if you do not have a attached garage, and temp drops below 32 degrees, then verify PIR can operate in those temps (2GIG-PIR1 is 32° F to 120° F).

If garage door is sensored:
Entry and exit delays can be adjusted for garage door sensor. Set garage door sensor as (02) entry delay 2 (and if 45 sec is not enough time, increase it)

(01) 30 sec default; (02) 45 seconds default (exit and entry delays are Q5, Q6, Q7)

If you do not have a garage door **sensor (and want to add one):
see; https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/can-i-use-a-dw10-to-monitor-garage/#post-45320

** If your garage drops below 32 degress, then you do not want to use a DW10. Use a RE201 instead

I have a RE201 on the actual doors. I would like to add the motion detector out there so if someone breaks through a window they can’t just unload all my tools without tripping the alarm.

Temps are within this motion detectors limits. I just need to make sure I can set the motion detector to delay on entry.

I just need to make sure I can set the motion detector to delay

uses entry 1(01) timer

(10) interior w/ delay
(2) motion
(0869) pir, or (9999) Image Sensor
Down arrow
serial
(0) new
Loop (1) 1
Dialer delay (0) disabled
voice descriptor
Reports (1)enabled