2GIG Motion Detector False Alarm

Not sure why it was set off…it was a motion sensor and there was no one in the house… I had neighbors go check, and house was empty… so not sure why the device triggered…

The motion detector in question has a low battery warning (as does another one). This could cause the motion detector to improperly send signals to the panel which may be the cause of the false alarm in this instance.

Some questions to help further troubleshoot:

• How long have you had this motion detector and when was the last time you changed the batteries? If it was recently, how new are the batteries?
  • Do you have any pets?
  • Does the motion detector get Direct Sunlight? Sunlight has been known to set off motion detectors
  • Are there any Heating/cooling vents near the motion detector? The blowing air can activate them as well

Good afternoon!.. thank you for sending the email follow up. I am not sure what continues to set off the motion detectors… I have changed batteries thinking that might be the culprit, but I’ve now used my 2 free “false alarms” from the police department and will now be charged for false alarms ($100 ea.)… I just want to figure out why they get triggered… that said, I do love the system overall and promote it to anyone looking for alarm systems and companies…
happy holidays!

It looks like the most recent alarm was triggered by a different motion detector than the previous scenario. While this motion detector is also reporting a low battery, I would still ask the same questions as above with regards to the motion detector in the most recent alarm event.

that said, I do love the system overall and promote it to anyone looking for alarm systems and companies….

Thank you for the compliment! We always love hearing that