2GIG Interior Follower Alert in Stay Mode?

I have a 2GIG panel, and I was wondering if there was any way to have an interior alert, not trigger the alarm, but an alert, on my motion sensor in stay mode?

There is no zone assignment for that, but you could use activity monitoring to set up notifications for your motion detector(s).

Amanda,

Thanks for the response, but I wanted this so I could set it to stay at night, and still get an alert if the motion was set off, but not trigger the alarm if I was walking by the sensor.

I wanted this so I could set it to stay at night, and still get an alert if the motion was set off, but not trigger the alarm if I was walking by the sensor.

Actually I do something like that with my system motions.

To do it properly, you need the newer/second generation PIR motion detectors (Image sensors).

I arm “Stay”, and have my motion set for “Night Activity” via rule (if motion is detected between 12am-6am, it will take a snapshot of what caused the motion, and send me a email notification and attached image). No alarms, or activations. Just an alert for motion detection, and an image.

For example:

Fire & Security System: Activity Alert images uploaded by First Floor Motion Detector (IS) from 4:53 am on Wednesday, December 3 2014.

On the other hand, if you just want the motion detector to give a voice notification over the main panel and TS1 regardless of arming status of panel, then enable and set “Chime” and it will vocalize whatever the descriptor is (voice only), or you can set it for preference.

If you have the second generation motion, you can combine both of these tweaks for image upload alerts, and chime/voice notifications on panel/TS1.

There is no way to do it with just regular old PIR motion detectors. I’ve been asking 2GIG for years to develop customizable arming modes so arming can be treated like home automation scenes and your sensors could behave differently to your liking depending on the arming mode you’re in. Then you or your dealer could program arming modes/scenes with very descriptive names that fit perfectly with your home and the way you use your system. For example: Away, Home, Sleep, Babysitter, Party, Housekeeper, etc…