2GIG Installer Code and questions regarding switcing to suretyDIY

I recently purchased a home with a security system. The system is a Go!control panel with door sensors, motion sensor and a single camera. It was being monitored by CPI They want to charge me $50 a month for monitoring. They have locked the control panel via the installer toolbox which will not allow me to add new devices or change any settings.

Before I go with any service I want to be sure I can use this equipment. According to all your sites information I will be able to if I can gain access to the installer toolbox. Is there a way to reset this code back to the factory 1561 or do you know the code that CPI uses so I am able to use this control panel.

I have already factory reset the panel and was able to get some access via the reset master code but the installer code was not reset. Because of the reset I have currently lost all programing of my sensors and camera. CPI will not give me the code. They will also not send someone out to reset the system because I do not have monitoring service with them and they will not let me sign up for service to get someone to come out to reset the code. The only way they will sign me up is with a 5 year contract and all new equipment.

Can you provide any assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, happy to help!

This video goes over steps to reset the programming and installer code of a 2GIG panel manually. It sounds like the previous provider disabled the installer reset function however. There is no separate back-door without a service provider. We cannot speak for other companies or their policies, but we share your desire for open access.

All suretyDIY users have access to programming and manage their own installer codes.

Part of the initial automated connection commands for the 2GIG Go!Control when connecting to our service is to unlock installer access and default the installer code.

In general this page goes over everything you would need to get started with a Go!Control Panel and suretyDIY.

All service with suretyDIY is month to month from the start.

If the module is connected to an existing account, I would guess based on their responses that you wouldn’t get the module unregistered. You would just want to go with a new module. However, you can check the status of the existing module with this tool.