2gig HD100 already registered on another account

I purchased 2 HD100’s from a seller on EBay who claimed they were new. When they arrived it was clear from the packaging they were not new. In addition, when I tried to add them to my alarm.com account it turned out they were already registered to someone else’s account. I have the Surety DIY gold interactive plan with video monitoring. Is there any way to get these cameras “released” or “unregistered” from the other alarm.com account or are they trash? I am working with the seller on getting a refund since they are not new as she described.

tried to add them to my alarm.com account it turned out they were already registered to someone else’s account. I have the Surety DIY gold interactive plan with video monitoring. Is there any way to get these cameras “released” or “unregistered” from the other alarm.com account or are they trash?

No. You will not be able to use them.

Assuming the account they are registered to will soon be deactivated, ADC often will let an account ride for up to 90-120 days before it cancels the account, but in any event, as long as that ADC account is active, you cannot register or add those cameras to your ADC account.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that would be the answer but was hoping I was wrong.

If these were used directly by the seller, they may be able to remove them (can manage them through the customer site) if they still have them assigned to their account.

Otherwise, no, can’t remove them.