2GIG / GoControl: Battery type for wireless keypad?

Well, the battery on my wireless keypad (was referred to by the original installer [way back when] as a “wall fob”) appears to be finally biting the dust. It’s been in there over 8 years, so its had a good run. :slight_smile: Before I go to “test” mode to replace it, would be nice to have the correct battery / batteries on hand. Please let me know what type/quantity I’ll need. Thanks!

Are you referring to the 2GIG PAD1-345? From the manual the PAD1 utilizes Two (2) CR 2032 3V Lithium coin style batteries

Thanks Tyler - that is the exact puppy I have. Thanks for pointing out the manual - but hey, if I found all this stuff on my own, what would you do without me asking all these questions? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

BTW - here’s another: Is there a tamper switch inside the 2GIG PAD1-345? Even if not, is it still a good idea to go to test mode before replacing the batteries on this unit? Thanks again!

Unlike most 345 mhz peripherals/sensors, here is no tamper code output for the PAD-1.

Placing a system in test mode with the CS is always a good thing to get into a habit of when working on your system, but in the case of replacing batteries, in general as long as the system is disarmed you can go ahead and replace any device battery without being on test mode.