2GIG Go!Control Panel reset questions

I moved into a new home and have a 2GIG GC2 control panel. I don’t know the installer code and it’s not the default (1561). I’ve read all of the documentation on the panel, watched videos, etc and know that I can reset the panel so that I can get it back to the default installer code and set my own.

I’m assuming that reseting the panel in this way will also reset all previously programmed sensors? Can someone confirm this?

Also, does anyone know if this panel has any sort of lock out or throttling of failed installer code attempts? While manually trying 10,000 codes is tedious, I’m considering that (terrible) option as I’m not sure about reprogramming all of the sensors in my home, some of which I don’t know what may exist or where they are since I cannot even view the currently programmed devices.

Thanks in advance!

I’m assuming that reseting the panel in this way will also reset all previously programmed sensors? Can someone confirm this?

If reset is not locked in programming, yes.

Also, does anyone know if this panel has any sort of lock out or throttling of failed installer code attempts? While manually trying 10,000 codes is tedious, I’m considering that (terrible) option as I’m not sure about reprogramming all of the sensors in my home, some of which I don’t know what may exist or where they are since I cannot even view the currently programmed devices

If you are interested in service, part of the initial command process through suretyDIY is opening the panel programming to the user and defaulting the installer code, once the communication module is communicating with our service.

There is no lock out due to attempts.

Thanks, Jason

Hi,

I just signed up for Surediy, i have a 2GIG that has clear module I checked on your website, i don’t have the installer code, could you please clear this remotely so i can add sensors?

Thanks

I just signed up for Surediy, i have a 2GIG that has clear module I checked on your website, i don’t have the installer code, could you please clear this remotely so i can add sensors?

Looks like this is for a new order. For questions regarding new orders, please be sure to email customerservice@suretyDIY.com

When your order is processed and your account is ready to go you’ll receive a Welcome to suretyDIY email detailing remaining steps to connect to service. Initial commands to open programming and default installer code are automatic, and information regarding this will also be in your welcome email.