2Gig GC3e panel questions

A few weeks ago I subscribed to Surety to monitor my system locally myself (until I get the bugs worked out). While creating the ADC account, the panel was rebooted and went thru its paces. After all was done, I noticed there was a firmware update error that returned an error code of 17 - Panel entered recovery mode unexpectedly. Everything works as expected, I’m able to arm/disarm my system from my ADC account, I’m getting the text messages and emails as expected (for monitoring). Is there something I need/should do to resolve the error code?

Also, is there a way to delete alerts? I still can see alerts from when my system was first powered up and the like. I’ve acknowledged the alerts but they remain there, can they be deleted? The system is working fine as far as I can tell…with the exception of me wiping the display a couple days ago without disabling the screen via the menu, which rendered it non responsive to touch, but all was updating properly. I powered down the system this morning to see if a reboot would correct the screen issue, and it did. All appears to be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Orange Rider

Happy to assist!

The system is communicating and pings to the module are successful which is good. Sensor status is also reporting in history.

While creating the ADC account, the panel was rebooted and went thru its paces. After all was done, I noticed there was a firmware update error that returned an error code of 17 - Panel entered recovery mode unexpectedly

Is it still showing this error? Did power cycling the panel resolve this from the main screen?

Are you able to update the panel’s firmware? GC3 firmware can be found here

Also, is there a way to delete alerts? I still can see alerts from when my system was first powered up and the like. I’ve acknowledged the alerts but they remain there, can they be deleted

Are you referring to the notifications in the Smart Areas section? You can acknowledge the alert but the icon does not go away, correct? This is a bug that 2GIG is aware of but has not been resolved yet. It will be patched out through firmware but there is no ETA on when that will occur.

Actually the error code 17 was just a message that I didn’t delete until I determined if there was any action necessary on my part. Per your message, I updated the firmware to the latest. All went fine, and I deleted that message.

As far as the notifications, yes, in the Smart Areas section, but also in the main console screen. I’ll wait until 2Gig hopefully releases a firmware to resolve the issue, before I chase it down further. Not causing me an issue, but would rather not see those when they should be gone.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help,
Orange Rider

No problem at all. We are hoping to see that resolution in 3.2.6 but there is no ETA on when that will drop, or if the fix will be included. Fortunately, we have yet to see any negative interactions with that, aside from the annoyance that those notifications won’t just go away.